Slow Cooker Korean Beef

Amazingly tender, flavorful Korean beef made right in the slow cooker with just 3 ingredients and 5 min prep – it doesn’t get easier than that!

Slow Cooker Korean Beef - Amazingly tender, flavorful Korean beef made right in the slow cooker with just 3 ingredients and 5 min prep!

My slow cooker has been comfortably sitting on a shelf for about a year now. But once I finally dusted it off, I’ve been using it nonstop, from this honey sesame chicken to this rich creamed corn for Thanksgiving. But with all of the holiday madness this month and tons of extra things that need to get done, we’re really in need of quick and easy, effortless dishes like this Korean beef here.

With the help of Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces, you can easily put an amazing weeknight dinner on the table with just 5 min prep! You can simply throw everything in the slow cooker, cover, cook, shred and that’s it! Now how easy was that?

You can also throw this in some tacos, quesadillas, sandwiches, fried rice – the sky is the limit! I kept it simple over a bed of white rice but I can’t wait to make a cheesy, kimchi panini out of this. And the best part is not only the 5 min prep or that you just need 3 ingredients but this batch makes enough to feed an army so the leftovers are perfect for work the very next day!

Slow Cooker Korean Beef

Prep Time 5 minutes

Cook Time 8 hours

Total Time 8 hours, 5 minutes

Yield 8 servings

Slow Cooker Korean Beef

Amazingly tender, flavorful Korean beef made right in the slow cooker with just 3 ingredients and 5 min prep - it doesn't get easier than that!

Ingredients

• 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
  • 1 (13-ounce) package Campbell's Slow Cooker Sweet Korean BBQ Sauce
  • 10 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced
  • 1 green onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish

Instructions

• Place chuck roast into a slow cooker. Add Campbell's Slow Cooker Sweet Korean BBQ Sauce and sweet peppers. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
  • Remove chuck roast from the slow cooker and shred the beef before returning to the pot with the juices. Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
  • Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Campbell’s Kitchen. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

1. says

Korean Pulled Pork! Genius. I love pulled pork of any flavour. Not sure if I can find that Campbell’s sauce here though. But I’ll figure that out. :-)

2. says

Absolutely am going to try this and will be looking for the Campbell’s sauce the next time I am in the grocery store. Beautiful blog here. I found you via Google+ and very happy I did!

3. Laurie says

Making this right now but sadly I don’t think my beef is going to shred very well so I think I’m just gonna cube it! Not sure what went wrong but I’m sure it’ll still be delicious!!

4. Andy says

I’ve used Campbell’s Korean BBQ sauce mix before with just the roast, and it was good, not great. Just by adding a few simple indigents it took a rather ordinary meal from good to GREAT! The peppers really imparted a great flavor into the meat and the simple garnish of scallions and sesame seeds (I toasted mine) really took this to a new level. Yum! Thanks for the suggestions.

5. Grammie says

I just found your wonderful blog and have already worked my printer into demanding rest breaks. ;)

Would this work with pork? I’ve got a lot of pork in the freezer but not a lot of beef.

I’m a retired widow who has all the time in the world to cook. I also have never cooked any Korean food to have a sense of it. With that in mind are there any changes/additions that you could suggest to make this a in the stratosphere recipe? Garlic? Onions? Broccoli?

BTW, I’ve just started learning to use a Slow Cooker and it does some things amazingly well.

• Chung-Ah says

Yes, absolutely. This would go great with pork. You can also throw in garlic, onions and other vegetables, to taste.

6. Liz says

❤I am making this right now(june 23, 2014)And I started a little late here at 4 p.m but it will def. be worth it. Not sure if my body will like me eating rice at 930 ish but I am in very good shape :) thank you for this recipe! I need to copy this version with fresher ingredients. ❤
    I lightly seasoned meat with salt and pepper before I seared it on all sides with olive oil, 1 clove garlic and some of the left over mini bell peppers-its going to be quite awesome I am assured!:) thank you thank you!❤

7. Skipper says

We had a large rack of St Louis spare ribs and decided to marinate them overnight in the Korean sauce. We added an additional 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 TBS of lime juice to help break down the meat, and 1 tsp of minced ginger to reinforce the ginger flavor. I had kaffir lime leaves my freezer so I threw in 1 large leaf. I drained the marinade the next day and boiled the marinade to use as a mop. We cooked the ribs on a rack over a drip pan on a gas grill for 2 hours at 325* – 350*. Every 30 minutes we basted the ribs with the boiled sauce. They were Outstanding.

8. Martha says

I made this for dinner and my 6 year old loved it. He is a picky eater, so that says alot. I thought it was very tasty. I also served it with white rice but added fried sweet plantains as a side. The meal was a hit. Thanks again for sharing another great recipe.