The Girl Scout favorite is turned into an irresistible mini donut form – and it tastes a million times better than the original!
I don’t know about you guys but I am a huge sucker for Girl Scouts Samoas. Every time those adorable girls set up shop in front of the local grocery store, I have to buy at least 10-12 boxes. It’s my ultimate weakness! But now I’ve found a way to recreate this Girl Scout favorite into an epic mini donut.
With a simple donut base, these babies get topped off with salted caramel, a sprinkling of toasted coconut and a drizzle of melted chocolate. They taste just like the Girl Scouts Samoas, and their miniature size can make these to be so addicting, making these to be so perfect for a New Year’s Eve party dessert!
But don’t be surprised when you end up eating a dozen of these in the blink of an eye! After all, the end of the year means it’s time to indulge, right?
The Girl Scout favorite is turned into an irresistible mini donut form - and it tastes a million times better than the original!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup salted caramel
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a mini donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, vinegar, butter and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop batter evenly into donut pan. Place into oven and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
- When the donuts are done, cool for 10 minutes and dip the top into the salted caramel. Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and drizzle with chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set before serving.
Adapted from Pizzazzerie