Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups
Remember that dinner party I had with the Roast Pork Loin with Bacon and Brown Sugar Glaze? Well this is also one of the dishes that I served for the dinner party, which was absolutely perfect for an enjoyable finger food appetizer. It burst with Mexican flavor along with the creaminess from the enchilada mix, and since they were cut in miniature pieces, I was ready to eat a hundred of these! This recipe is also a plus because you could make it beforehand and have it chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them, giving you more time to focus on your other dishes. But the best part of these roll-ups is that you could munch on the end pieces before your guests arrive!
Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups (adapted from Annie’s Eats):
Yields 8 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 6 8-inch tortillas
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, cilantro, green onions and tomatoes.
Once the chicken has cooled, transfer to a cutting board and shred into small pieces using a fork.
Add the chicken to the filling mixture and gently toss to combine.
Spread a thin layer of the filling mixture over a tortilla, leaving a small border clear around the edge.
Roll the tortilla up tightly into a spiral.
Using a sharp knife, cut the rolled up tortillas into 1 to 1 1/2-inch thick segments.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve chilled or at room temperature.
- miintymee likes this
- perfectdefinition likes this
- flamingokitty22 likes this
- foodaliciousfoodette likes this
- dormfeasts reblogged this from damndelicious
- recipesoup reblogged this from damndelicious
- dementedoddment likes this
- ethernetcord reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- fusionreactor likes this
- sweetandlovelygirl7 likes this
- simplefeasts reblogged this from damndelicious
- collegeculinary likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- lifegoesonforme reblogged this from damndelicious
- theoneandlone1y likes this
- yoitslexyy likes this
- yummybites likes this
- peegaw likes this
- dgnerd07 likes this
- emmaleevue likes this
- cumberbatchedtimelord reblogged this from damndelicious
- cookbookmeals likes this
- blasianovr9000 reblogged this from damndelicious
- blasianovr9000 likes this
- earllovescompany likes this
- cumberbatchedtimelord likes this
- starsintheshadows likes this
- lakesidebride likes this
- esendoran likes this
- alecbrinegar likes this
- whiskeyandwaves likes this
- nancyhuiz reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- nancyhuiz likes this
- lholzworth reblogged this from damndelicious
- lunnna likes this
- misscloudhopper likes this
- paresatbp said: can you make samosas? please? haha I’ve tried your risotto recipe and it tasted awesome haha.
- paresatbp likes this
- damndelicious posted this