Indonesian Ginger Chicken
This dish is probably the most simplest yet most delicious meal I’ve ever had. The simple marinade of just four ingredients includes a blend of honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger, flavors that go so unbelievably well together. The chicken marinates in this wonderfully pungent sauce overnight, which is then popped in the oven the next day for about an hour. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner is set with just 15 minutes of prep work, creating such juicy, tender, succulent bites of chicken in this flavorful Asian infused dish. Now how easy was that?
Indonesian Ginger Chicken (adapted from Ina Garten):
Yields 4 servings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) chicken, quartered, with backs removed
Combine the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted.
Arrange the chicken in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down.
Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.
- miintymee likes this
- kueleza reblogged this from damndelicious
- emmaleevue likes this
- so-dreamy likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- theonduko reblogged this from damndelicious
- johnmariscos likes this
- ragilliarach likes this
- wurway reblogged this from damndelicious
- wurway said: oh i love this recipe! I’m Indonesian as well :D
- eflsm likes this
- madhungry likes this
- zombie28 likes this
- yummybites likes this
- lakesidebride likes this
- catgirlxlrg reblogged this from damndelicious
- wifey-blog reblogged this from damndelicious
- allisonsasso likes this
- whiskeyandwaves likes this
- damndelicious posted this