Still looking for last minute Halloween treats to serve? Well look no further because here is the simplest, quickest, yet most delicious treats ever made in just 15 minutes, maybe even less. All it takes is some microwavable popcorn and a homemade caramel sauce of brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla, and baking soda, that takes about 6 minutes to make. Once the caramel is slathered all over the popcorn, it’s baked in a low oven for 10 minutes, infusing the caramel flavor into each individual popcorn. Once it cools, the popcorn hardens, making it a very inexpensive, delicious caramel popcorn that tastes 100 times better than movie theater caramel popcorn. Best of all, you can put these in little baggies with decorative ribbon and give them away to family and friends. There’s no doubt that they won’t like it. They’ll probably be begging you for more!
Caramel Popcorn (adapted from Baked Bree):
Yields 3-4 servings
- 1 package microwave popcorn, such as Pop Secret
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
Prepare the popcorn in your microwave according to package instructions.
In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium heat.
Without stirring, bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla and baking soda.
Add the mixture to the popped popcorn, stirring to coat.
Spread the popcorn onto prepared baking sheet.
Place into oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Scoop into bags with some decorative ribbon and get ready to gift to family and friends.
- wutupjanee likes this
- euphoriaplocephalus reblogged this from damndelicious
- andtimewillgiveusnothing likes this
- elliecoffin likes this
- cazlinsommer likes this
- closetm0nster reblogged this from damndelicious
- msmichellec likes this
- elements-of-life likes this
- letsjustfacereality likes this
- ediblethefoodblog reblogged this from damndelicious
- beckyisme likes this
- mirfdi likes this
- catanus likes this
- rupatel reblogged this from brittimothy and added:
- brittimothy reblogged this from damndelicious
- seuparasempre7131o reblogged this from damndelicious
- arian-ohh likes this
- noufi-albwardy reblogged this from damndelicious
- 5doy likes this
- letsgetweird1113 likes this
- kae-ru reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- soontobechef reblogged this from damndelicious
- This was featured in #Food
- damndelicious posted this