Linguini al Pesto Genovese
I love making pestos. They’re not only so simple to make and require such little ingredients but they’re full of flavor and taste fantastic! The only thing I would do differently is to have nice crusty bread for serving. It’ll balance out all that fresh, salty flavor of deliciousness.
Linguini al Pesto Genovese (adapted from Love & Olive Oil):
Yields 4 servings
- 4 cups packed basil
- 1 pound linguini or fettuccine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanche basil leaves until vibrant green, about 20-30 seconds.
Using a slotted spoon, remove from boiling water and immediately immerse in an ice water bath (this will halt the cooking process); drain. Reserve boiling pot of water.
Add pasta to reserved boiling pot of water and cook according to package instructions; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and drain well.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, olive oil, Parmesan, pine nuts and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a large bowl, immediately combine the hot pasta and pesto, allowing the flavors to soak. Add more pasta water as needed.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan.
- somestrangeseahorse reblogged this from damndelicious
- munchinnomnom reblogged this from damndelicious
- marbarz likes this
- larafainblat likes this
- teen-eats reblogged this from honeychiles-kitchen
- pupbloggin likes this
- honeychiles-kitchen reblogged this from damndelicious
- a-bairn-and-a-cairn likes this
- kriskashi reblogged this from damndelicious
- kriskashi likes this
- zoneinzoneout likes this
- always-a-work-in-progress likes this
- allisonsasso likes this
- cumberbatchedtimelord reblogged this from damndelicious
- cumberbatchedtimelord likes this
- hungryjacs likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- chilion likes this
- reinaahh reblogged this from damndelicious
- nikathemadbaker likes this
- paresatbp likes this
- whiskeyandwaves likes this
- delishytown likes this
- jjong-n-cheese reblogged this from damndelicious
- jessicaspaperheart likes this
- damndelicious posted this