- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, juices reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 9 ounces tortellini
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the diced tomatoes and oregano.
Add the broth; bring mixture to a boil.
Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions.
One minute before the tortellini is fully cooked, stir in the spinach.
Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan.