Don’t you just love quick, weeknight meals that are completely homemade, taste fantastic, yet they take less than 30 minutes to make? This simple tuna puttanesca is just that, which is perfect for those exhausting long weekdays where you just don’t feel like cooking. I couldn’t believe how simple this dish was and how much flavor it had. It was wonderfully salty, lemony, and spicy. It’s the perfect combination.
Tuna Puttanesca (adapted from Rachel Ray):
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound penne
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cans (about 5.5 to 6 ounces each) Italian tuna in oil or water, drained well
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole or diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain well.
While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Add the tuna, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
Add the olives and capers until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
Add the white wine and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until incorporated, about 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
Add the parsley, lemon zest and black pepper, to taste.
Add the pasta and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Gently toss to combine, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen.
Serve immediately with crusty bread, if desired.
- letsdiy reblogged this from damndelicious
- ohfudgies reblogged this from damndelicious
- mixedberries likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- littlekyle likes this
- introductoryblog reblogged this from damndelicious
- blowjobjessie likes this
- in-flame likes this
- kriskashi reblogged this from damndelicious
- kriskashi likes this
- marirno likes this
- paresatbp likes this
- esendoran likes this
- damndelicious posted this