Healthy Tomato and Basil Pasta
Every time Jason leaves for school in SF, I tend to become a temporary vegetarian. If I’m just cooking for one, I’m not going to buy a steak and grill it for myself. So when he’s gone, I like to make quick, simple meatless recipes like this one. It’s not only made with everyday ingredients but it’s the healthiest dinner I’ve ever made. It’s low in calories and it’s full of flavor! There’s a bit of a light creaminess from the raw egg yolks, a little bit of salt from the Parmesan, juicy, fresh flavors when you bite into the tomatoes, and a lasting refreshment from the basil. Now who says healthy food can’t be delicious?
Healthy Tomato and Basil Pasta (adapted from Daily Unadventures of Cooking):
Yields 2 servings
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 pound mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain well.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the pasta and gently toss to combine.
Stir in the egg yolks.
Stir in the Parmesan, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen.
Add the tomatoes and basil and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately, seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste.
- secretplace likes this
- bunandcheeeese likes this
- glitterinmydreads reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- glitterinmydreads likes this
- lesbianlove93 likes this
- brevinz likes this
- munchinnomnom reblogged this from damndelicious
- keynotetis8 likes this
- unmiraclededieu likes this
- gloria2fg likes this
- heatheryi982 likes this
- kikeymk likes this
- damndelicious posted this