Muffin Monday: Double Chocolate Muffins with Cheesecake Filling
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and what’s a better way to celebrate than with decadent chocolate muffins with a cheesecake filling oozing out of the center along with miniature chocolate chips? They are quick and simple to make, and you can dress them up with Valentine’s Day themed props like red muffin liners and toothpick hearts (I found these at my local arts and crafts store for very cheap), which are sure to impress that special someone. Put them in some martini glasses and you’ll have yourself a simple, yet beautiful ensemble of dessert muffins on your dinner table.
Yields 20 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dutch-process cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chip
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. (If you don’t want to use paper liners, you could coat a muffin pan with cooking spray instead.)
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Beat in the egg until well combined.
Add the chocolate chips and gently toss to combine; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and vinegar.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
Drop 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese filling into the center of each cup.
Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
- myguiltyfashionpleasure likes this
- rodablodkropp likes this
- bearlytherepandabear likes this
- thislove14x likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- kriskashi reblogged this from damndelicious
- kriskashi likes this
- catgirlxlrg reblogged this from damndelicious
- yummybites likes this
- kyapi likes this
- scavenging-otter likes this
- snowslotus likes this
- markofthedead likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- skippingalpaca reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- linh-nguyen likes this
- ohfudgies reblogged this from damndelicious
- esendoran likes this
- dansedolce likes this
- sweetandlovelygirl7 likes this
- derpyfeet reblogged this from damndelicious
- hearts-the-weakest-part likes this
- si-digame reblogged this from damndelicious
- damndelicious posted this