Chicken with Jalapeno Cream Sauce
While Jason’s in SF and I’m in LA, I stay far away from red meat. I try to eat as cleanly as possible because once we’re together, all hell breaks loose and I eat some pretty bad crap. After all, I did gain 24 pounds in the first year of dating him. Yeah, I told you - it’s bad.
So here on my clean-food cleanse, I’m constantly looking for chicken recipes and this one immediately caught my attention: Chicken with Jalapeno Cream Sauce. Let’s say that again. Jalapeno. Cream. Sauce. I mean, what comes to mind when you read that phrase? Nothing really came to my mind. I just got in the car and headed to Trader Joe’s to get some jalapenos and chicken breast.
Now making this dish couldn’t be easier. It’s a breeze to prep since the food processor pretty much takes care of everything. Once the dicing is done, throw some chicken breasts onto a skillet and make your sauce. It’s a simple sauce that is kind of similar to a light, creamy alfredo sauce but it’s infused with jalapenos, shallots, and garlic. It was wonderfully creamy, with just the perfect amount of spice. I slathered it all over the chicken breasts and devoured it over brown rice like there was no tomorrow. I made this all for myself and I managed to finish it in a day! I loved it so much that I made it again that same week when I went to see Jason up north. He loved it just as much as I did - maybe even more!
Caramelized Chicken with Jalapeno Cream (adapted from How Sweet It Is):
Yields 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Brown rice, for serving
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes per side.
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the jalapenos, shallots and garlic until finely chopped; set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add the jalapeno mixture, stirring to coat, and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
Whisk in the flour until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
Gradually whisk in both the evaporated and 2% milk, reducing heat to medium low. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce has begun to thicken, about 6-8 minutes.
Whisk in the Parmesan.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add more milk as needed to loosen.
Serve immediately over chicken with brown rice, if desired.
- juancorrea22 likes this
- nothingbadeverlasts likes this
- daisyoviedo22 likes this
- feelburnedout likes this
- nurse-dyke likes this
- diamondnikki likes this
- nhads likes this
- hawaiiwat likes this
- desiring-love-all-my-life likes this
- circles-will-not-fill-a-square likes this
- h0neybabe likes this
- deveniramants likes this
- bittersweetdrugs likes this
- hashhole likes this
- inspire1changetheworld reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- inspire1changetheworld likes this
- hildakeller likes this
- lovelylookinlass likes this
- ohhitstamia likes this
- dianehaha likes this
- never-forget-you-are-awesome likes this
- hayley-in-ak likes this
- hellocydni reblogged this from damndelicious
- crabycantena reblogged this from damndelicious
- i-1804 likes this
- catzilab likes this
- toxxicstarr reblogged this from damndelicious
- toxxicstarr likes this
- youraveragecupoftea reblogged this from damndelicious
- middleofthemorning likes this
- nucitadog reblogged this from damndelicious
- jandl3 likes this
- sebpillsbury likes this
- inevitabledisaster reblogged this from damndelicious
- inevitabledisaster likes this
- porcelainmae likes this
- hereyessoblue reblogged this from damndelicious
- hereyessoblue likes this
- kennylulu likes this
- lv2bme reblogged this from damndelicious
- lv2bme likes this
- slightlystrictlyrude likes this
- jadedibejadediam likes this
- iclimbedthatrainbow likes this
- nodeathcantouchthe likes this
- urbanoutlander likes this
- gummi-tummy likes this
- emilyjeanne likes this
- perfectdefinition likes this