Meyer Lemon and Matcha Marble Pound Cake
I love making muffins. That’s just a fact. But do you know what I hate making? Anything that uses a loaf pan. It’s my krytopnite. Seriously, every time I set out to make a loaf, it is an utter disaster. I put way too much batter into the pan so the sides burn up and then the middle doesn’t cook up in time.
This was no exception. The baking time was about an hour and even at the 90-minute mark, it still wasn’t baked through. I was so frustrated and ready to toss the whole thing out but once I trimmed the sides and took a peak inside, it was actually just fine. It was moist and fluffy, and the buttery-lemony-green tea flavors just shined through. It was definitely a winning combination of lemon and green tea swimming around in a buttery muffin.
Although the actual loaf pan was a bit of a fail, I did get something great out of it: Meyer Lemon and Matcha Marble Mini Muffins! I made mini muffins with the leftover batter and they tasted even better than the pound cake. The texture was significantly lighter, and their cuteness and size just makes it all the more better.
Meyer Lemon and Matcha Marble Pound Cake (adapted from Joy the Baker):
Yields 1 9-inch loaf and 24 mini muffins*
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
*Note: You can halve the recipe and make 1 9-inch loaf only.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch loaf pan and mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs.
Whisk in the vanilla and sour cream.
Gently stir in the dry ingredients in 3 or 4 additions using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Fold in the melted butter in 2 or 3 additions.
Divide the batter in half into two separate bowls. In one bowl, fold in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
In the second bowl, fold in the matcha powder.
Spoon the two batters into the prepared loaf pan in 4 layers, alternating between spoonfuls of lemon and green tea batter. (Be sure to leave at least 1-inch of room at the top to let the cake rise.)
Run a knife or wooden skewer through the batters in a swirling motion to create a marbled effect. Use the remaining batter for mini muffins, if desired.
Place into oven and bake for 55-60 minutes for the loaf pan and 15 minutes for the mini muffins, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.
- tinkelise101 likes this
- veisinkorea reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- yalicee likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- ktan reblogged this from damndelicious
- playitfckingloud likes this
- riikaluvs1 likes this
- duckduke likes this
- jojolikesthings reblogged this from damndelicious
- pat-roncsa likes this
- baekwon likes this
- malbokuu likes this
- godwatorco reblogged this from damndelicious
- topkditztese reblogged this from damndelicious
- mostlikelypantsless likes this
- xellismizuka likes this
- afoodjourney reblogged this from damndelicious
- marieanegg likes this
- teabooksandcoffee likes this
- spaceyk69 likes this
- kaishi119 likes this
- babylove12211 likes this
- elements-of-life likes this
- tulipsytulip likes this
- isildili likes this
- deadlydiva reblogged this from damndelicious
- wellaintthatclassy likes this
- omnommable likes this
- tiaravacek likes this
- ewwwjermss likes this
- flowering-tea-leaf reblogged this from egnis
- leggxxlove reblogged this from damndelicious
- egnis reblogged this from damndelicious
- chefwhiteberry likes this
- undeniablyalpha likes this
- skeletons-on-parade likes this
- sam4nthaa likes this
- eunhyer likes this
- nakamaka255 reblogged this from damndelicious
- pludat likes this
- ihavejunk likes this
- mshel4 likes this
- rylandhodge likes this
- lui-lu reblogged this from damndelicious
- d-o-m-i likes this
- slumberphile likes this
- fangosy reblogged this from damndelicious
- iknowwhatflclment reblogged this from damndelicious
- dayvmattt likes this
- treasuredtrash likes this