Tofu Lettuce Wraps AND a Fantastic Giveaway! (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
Happy Tuesday, everyone! I know that it’s still the beginning of the week and we have a LONG way to go until Friday but here’s something to make things a little bit better - the people over at SlimKicker have been so kind to offer a very special slow cooker giveaway for one lucky reader this week!
But let’s get down to the first order of business and talk about these awesome tofu lettuce wraps. Shall we?
Now I love all kinds of meat. I particularly love a good steak, nicely seared to medium rare perfection with oozing redness in every bite. That being said, I never ever thought I’d be the type of person who would eat something like tofu lettuce wraps. I mean, where in the world is the meat? I need the meat! But then Pioneer Woman changed my life forever.
When I came across her recipe, her gorgeous photos of meatless lettuce wraps just had me drooling in front of the computer. So I immediately got into my car and headed off to Trader Joe’s to pick up some tofu and romaine lettuce hearts, and then I hurried on home to make this very anticipated lunch. And guess what? It was seriously the quickest, easiest, healthiest and most tastiest lunch I’ve ever made.
These lettuce wraps are filled with sauteed tofu bits with corn and green onions in a light spice mixture of soy sauce and chili powder. That’s it! These simple ingredients created such a flavorful mixture with a little bit of saltiness and spice in every bite. And best of all, it’s completely carbless so you could have a ton of these and not feel disgustingly stuffed.
I absolutely cannot wait to make this again, and you should note that this is said by me - the most hardcore non-vegetarian meat girl. Yeah, these wraps are just that good.
Tofu Lettuce Wraps (adapted from Pioneer Woman):
Yields 3-4 servings
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 whole avocados, sliced, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
Separate the leaves of the romaine lettuce hearts and gently rinse under cold running water.
Heat the peanut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the tofu, breaking it up into very small pieces with a wooden spoon.
Cook, stirring constantly, until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the corn and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the green onions.
Stir in the chili powder and soy sauce, cooking until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the balsamic.
To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the tofu mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style. Top with a few slices of avocado and drizzle with a few drops of Sriracha, if desired.
SlimKicker, a calorie counter website promoting healthy living and keeping people motivated/accountable towards achieving their health goals, is giving one lucky reader a slow cooker. A slow cooker is one of the best things you can have in your kitchen - you can make so many healthy things with a slow cooker (in huge quantities of course), and best of all, it’s a one pot meal without much cooking or cleaning!
Here’s how to enter:
Simply leave a comment below. Easy peasy, right?
For three optional additional entries (leave a separate comment for each):
- Tweet about this giveaway: “Enter to win a slow cooker from @damn_delicious provided by slimkicker.com! http://shar.es/puTGq” and leave a separate comment letting me know you tweeted.
- Reblog this post, applicable to Tumblr users only, for two additional entries, and leave a separate comment letting me know you reblogged.
Giveaway ends on Friday, March 23, 2012 at 8:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by SlimKicker. All opinions expressed are my own.
- laurentrue4life likes this
- whoopyouknowwhat likes this
- midniterush likes this
- hollytomolly likes this
- karrrbora likes this
- lalalaleilaa likes this
- tammytammy likes this
- pakjinna likes this
- bluenamedblack likes this
- vischacha likes this
- i-got-problems-with-my-sleep likes this
- dustybrownie likes this
- appeh likes this
- averyawesomehumanbeing likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- necron0micon likes this
- lucasmayumi likes this
- gnarlysaliva likes this
- malbokuu likes this
- hopscotchinhilbertspace likes this
- swindling likes this
- megamegann likes this
- viktoriyaprots likes this
- elements-of-life likes this
- gretawwwl likes this
- yournewsensation likes this
- silvermoon-coven likes this
- effofecks likes this
- alyssquyn reblogged this from damndelicious
- baybgc likes this
- themidnightsnacker reblogged this from damndelicious
- lapieuvrepeu likes this
- llamme likes this
- arielhello likes this
- stayysupreme likes this
- cecebaaby likes this
- dreaming-archer reblogged this from damndelicious
- xcaptainxmorganx likes this
- likepaarth likes this
- rollingoolong likes this
- kodak-taught-me likes this
- sunflowersandmint reblogged this from damndelicious
- chefdavidjmarteau reblogged this from damndelicious
- munchinnomnom reblogged this from damndelicious
- prime-considerations likes this
- burnthegauze likes this
- neonspectrum likes this
- heartandyum likes this
- the-dark-side-of-the--moon likes this
- groceryltd likes this