Cappuccino Pancakes with Mocha Syrup
I wish we had more time in the morning to make piping hot pancakes before we head off to work. I mean, there’s barely any time to go to the gym, shower, eat some cereal, and get to work all by 9AM! And I just couldn’t understand how on Gilmore Girls, Rory and Lorelei would always have ample time to go to Luke’s and eat a full course breakfast meal before Rory goes to Chilton and Lorelei goes to work at the Inn. I guess that’s why it’s called a television show, right?
Now if we did have a couple of extra hours in the morning, I’d make these pancakes every single day. But since the world isn’t perfect, these babies have to wait until the weekend to be made. It’s saddening but it’s well worth the wait - believe me. These fluffy pancakes are delectable just on its own with an intense coffee flavor but once you drizzle that chocolatey-coffee syrup, it becomes the best breakfast ever. You’ll never want maple syrup on your pancakes ever again.
Cappuccino Pancakes with Mocha Syrup (adapted from The Pastry Affair):
Yields 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- Whipped cream, for serving
For the mocha syrup:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup water and espresso powder until the espresso powder dissolves.
In a small saucepan, whisk together the espresso powder dissolved in water, cocoa powder, sugar and salt over medium low heat.
Bring to a simmer; stir until the syrup begins to thicken and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract; set aside. (Leftover syrup would be AH-MAZING on top of some ice cream.)
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, espresso powder, sugar and salt.
Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk and butter.
Stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Melt 1-2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
Ladle 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the heated skillet or griddle.
Cook the pancakes until each side is lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per side. Recoat the skillet with additional butter as needed to prevent sticking.
Serve immediately with mocha syrup and whipped cream, if desired.
- gigglingkittens likes this
- holykrisus-catchmechangmin likes this
- ihearttseliot likes this
- windexsniper reblogged this from damndelicious
- alexsparky reblogged this from damndelicious
- alexsparky likes this
- galaxyglittter likes this
- random-awkward-goodness reblogged this from damndelicious
- cin-deeeee likes this
- skyesvintage reblogged this from damndelicious
- gurlygirltomboy reblogged this from damndelicious
- carbonichowl likes this
- mania-della-notte likes this
- wegrowcorn reblogged this from damndelicious
- wegrowcorn likes this
- sheerdevotion likes this
- roguelouis reblogged this from damndelicious
- deep-in-wonderland likes this
- menez00 reblogged this from damndelicious
- nevercaredmuchforsouls likes this
- lewshifer likes this
- baddbeezie likes this
- corneliaschols reblogged this from damndelicious
- keystothecappuccino likes this
- robb-in-the-stark likes this
- therealshayla likes this
- letsberealyounevercared likes this
- loooovecyn reblogged this from damndelicious
- catsstealyoursoul likes this
- mbandit likes this
- miningforunicorns likes this
- life-totheleast likes this
- flieswitheagle likes this
- xxlivingdeadgirl420xx likes this
- kotoeknee likes this
- simplygar reblogged this from damndelicious
- 4rekid likes this
- zyngruff likes this
- isabellasrecipebook reblogged this from damndelicious
- bsknrl likes this
- finally-uncool reblogged this from damndelicious
- malbokuu likes this
- crazyblondemonster reblogged this from damndelicious
- thinkinsomnia likes this
- nirnrootthirtytwo likes this
- imbrennanomnomnom likes this
- letgod reblogged this from damndelicious
- makenaalexandria likes this
- ithinkiwastwelve likes this