Chicken Noodle Soup
We had some gross weather in Los Angeles over the weekend - it was pouring rain and I think I even heard some thunder too. And even though we don’t have many of these rainy days in this part of town, Jason and I have this tradition to go to BCD Tofu House and gorge on a piping hot bowl of Korean tofu stew. But since he’s in San Francisco, we couldn’t get our usual rainy day 순두부찌개 (sundubu jiigae) so I decided to make this hearty chicken noodle soup.
It was quick, easy, and so incredibly soothing. I think it tasted even better because of the cold weather outside. It was either that or the fact that I was curled up in bed, slurping on this soup, and watching Greys Anatomy reruns and crying my eyes out.
Chicken Noodle Soup (adapted from Brown Eyed Baker):
Yields 6-8 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 stalk celery, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Saltines, for serving
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Let rest for 5 minutes before shredding.
Once the chicken has rested, shred with a fork.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and shredded chicken breasts.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the flavors meld, about 10-15 minutes.
Stir in the noodles.
Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately with Saltines, if desired.
- dimitrakokkinaki likes this
- kindnessinside likes this
- malbokuu likes this
- redirectedness likes this
- lesbianlove93 likes this
- doidle likes this
- k3llyb3an reblogged this from damndelicious
- renaultdunoir reblogged this from damndelicious
- johnmariscos likes this
- abeetlesblog reblogged this from damndelicious
- abeetlesblog likes this
- speciallyforkiyoshitaro likes this
- duhorio likes this
- panda-tracks likes this
- ohfudgies reblogged this from damndelicious
- faraway11 likes this
- 2012023 likes this
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- kriskashi reblogged this from damndelicious
- kriskashi likes this
- vangielyn likes this
- starsintheshadows likes this
- chilion likes this
- nasuskrap likes this
- bard-core likes this
- damndelicious posted this