Strawberry Banana Bread
Remember that #epicfail I had with the Meyer Lemon and Matcha Marble Pound Cake? How the sides were getting burned since the inside wasn’t getting baked in time? Remember how I also swore to never make a loaf cake again? Yeah, that lasted me like two seconds. As soon as I saw this recipe over at Averie Cooks, one of my favorite bloggers, I just had to give the loaf pan another try. And boy was I glad I did because it was far from an #epicfail. This bread baked just in the right allotted amount of time, and it turned out to be such a light and fluffy, fruitilicious loaf of bread. Did I really just say “fruitilicious”? Oh man. Well, you get my point. It’s a cinch to put together, and you’ll have a perfect loaf of bread to serve your breakfast needs as you’re darting out the door to work. Thanks for inspiring me to make loafs again, Averie!
One year ago: Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair
Strawberry Banana Bread (adapted from Averie Cooks):
Yields 1 9-inch loaf
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, 1/2 mashed and 1/2 sliced into thin discs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries, plus more for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray; then line the baking dish with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, sugars, canola oil, egg white and vanilla; beat until well combined.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Add the strawberries and gently toss to combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan; use a rubber spatula to smooth the top.
Top with strawberries and banana slices, using your fingertips to gently press them into the batter.
Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Also, don’t forget to enter my giveaway! Winners for the donut pan will be picked on Friday, April 20th and announced Monday.
- tambotee reblogged this from damndelicious
- briiiiskiiii likes this
- renaultdunoir reblogged this from damndelicious
- malbokuu likes this
- yanlinggwu likes this
- randomnessess likes this
- somethingmade reblogged this from diyforthesoul
- amaturechef reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- missbirdsong likes this
- yummybites likes this
- thereluctantrawfoodist likes this
- ilikelovefood likes this
- lisaflaman likes this
- theoneandlone1y likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- diyforthesoul reblogged this from damndelicious
- catgirlxlrg reblogged this from damndelicious
- danielleechow likes this
- -tyler- likes this
- thislove14x likes this
- xle likes this
- divinechaosandwine likes this
- ldyleifang likes this
- kaychante reblogged this from damndelicious
- kayleighweston reblogged this from damndelicious
- bryanwong likes this
- sweetandlovelygirl7 likes this
- j-coolie likes this
- marirno likes this
- damndelicious posted this