Irish Beef Stew
No, it is not St. Patrick’s Day but like the Baked Honey-Mustard Corned Beef, this meal should not be reserved for just one day out of the year. I actually didn’t even make this for St. Patrick’s Day. I made it for… well, just dinner on a random night. It’s so easy to whip up, and it doesn’t even take much ingredients, but you should carve out about 2-3 hours to make this so you can really simmer the meat until its wonderfully juicy and tender, like melt-in-your-mouth tender.
You can serve this over some buttery cream cheese mashed potatoes or even brown rice, which makes this dish a bit healthier. I tried it both ways and loved it either way. I’ll be honest though - I may have loved the former just a tiny bit more. I do try to be healthy but I won’t deny the good stuff!
One year ago: White Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies
Irish Beef Stew (adapted from Lauren’s Latest):
Yields 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound stew meat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 large bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Mashed potatoes, for serving
Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the stew meat and sear until browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic, onion, carrots, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the beef broth, deglazing the pan with a wooden spoon. (This loosens up all those tasty bits on the bottom of the pan.)
Cover and simmer until the meat is very tender, about 2-3 hours.
In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour.
Remove the bay leaf and stir in the butter mixture until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the peas until heated through, about 1 minute.
Serve immediately over mashed potatoes.
Also, don’t forget to enter my giveaway! Winners for the donut pan will be picked on Friday, April 20th and announced Monday.
- miintymee likes this
- malbokuu likes this
- anitawoyneve likes this
- thislove14x likes this
- keakuahoomai likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- 2012023 likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- aerosianadventuers likes this
- stuck-together-pieces likes this
- lesbianlove93 likes this
- searchingforthelightinthenight reblogged this from damndelicious
- searchingforthelightinthenight likes this
- linh-nguyen likes this
- je-suis-un-ornithorynque likes this
- samzhangg reblogged this from damndelicious
- criminalxintent reblogged this from damndelicious
- criminalxintent likes this
- speciallyforkiyoshitaro likes this
- bryanwong likes this
- wsgame likes this
- damndelicious posted this