Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo
When I saw this Crockpot Chicken Adobo post by Julie over at Table for Two, I knew I just had to make it for myself. I mean how can anyone turn down succulent, tender pieces of chicken thighs slow cooked for 8 hours in a sauce bursting with tons of flavor?
Yes, this dish is made in a slow cooker, which means it is an absolute breeze to make. It doesn’t get easier than throwing all the ingredients into one bowl and then letting the slow cooker take care of everything else. When you’re done, just pop the bowl in the dishwasher and you are set. Now how easy was that?
You can definitely go a step further and caramelize the thighs once they’ve been slow cooked but if you decide to devour them as it, it’ll still be a simple, authentic, scrumptious chicken dish. Oh and don’t forget to drizzle with Sriracha!
One year ago: Chocolate Macaroons
Yields 4-6 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- Brown rice, for serving
Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker. Add the shallots, garlic, brown sugar, cayenne, black pepper and bay leaves.
Add the chicken stock, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar.
Add the chicken and gently toss to combine.
Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
Preheat the oven to broil. Place a cooling rack inside a baking sheet lined with foil.
Remove the chicken thighs from the slow cooker and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
Strain the remaining sauce into a pot and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until reduced by half, about 8-10 minutes.
Brush both sides of each chicken thigh with the sauce.
Place into oven and broil for 2-3, or until slightly charred and crispy.
Serve immediately, with brown rice, if desired.
Also, don’t forget that the LA Food Blogger Bake Sale is less than a week away! Come join us on Saturday afternoon from 11:30AM to 2:00PM at BLD Restaurant. We have an awesome line up of food bloggers and vendors so come on over and help us in the fight against childhood hunger while devouring orgasmically-delicious cookies, cupcakes, donuts, and more!
- dan12345 likes this
- tommysgirllovesfood reblogged this from damndelicious
- thesedarkcorners likes this
- malbokuu likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- gabrielasilang likes this
- thislove14x likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- culinarication likes this
- withenoughbutter reblogged this from damndelicious
- withenoughbutter likes this
- jradradrad likes this
- octopusonrollerskates reblogged this from damndelicious
- octopusonrollerskates likes this
- sporkme likes this
- yummybites likes this
- laagangdako likes this
- homeinabottle reblogged this from damndelicious
- itznikkiyoo reblogged this from damndelicious
- dopamineinjection reblogged this from damndelicious
- bryanwong likes this
- reinisiuc likes this
- panda-tracks likes this
- paresatbp likes this
- imjustilani likes this
- cantcontrolmythoughts likes this
- eflsm likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- 940530 reblogged this from damndelicious
- -tyler- likes this
- ananodyne likes this
- sleipnirohara likes this
- starrrj likes this
- 2012023 likes this
- damndelicious posted this