Holiday Recipe Club: Sesame-Crusted Tofu
My day has been absolute crazed with the all-day baking frenzy for the LA Food Blogger Bake Sale happening today so I will keep this post short and sweet.
So it’s time for another awesome installment of the Holiday Recipe Club, created by Erin over at Big Fat Baker, where we are celebrating Buddha’s birthday with the choice of three ingredients: garam masal, tofu and sesame. Since I’m a huge tofu-lover, I decide to make this sesame-crusted version. It’s super easy, and takes just minutes to whip up. The only thing that you should plan for though is to marinate the tofu for 30 minutes. But other than that, this recipe is a breeze. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights where all you want is something quick, easy, and best of all healthy. I served these up with some brown rice and it was absolutely perfect. It was bursting with flavor with a wonderful crust on the outside along with the pleasant crunch from the sesame seeds. Now who said eating healthy has to taste like crap?
One year ago: Pumpkin Donut Muffins
Sesame-Crusted Tofu (adapted from An Edible Mosaic):
Yields 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into 12 equal slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Brown rice, for serving
- Sliced green onion, for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper, to taste.
Add the tofu and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine the flour and sesame seeds.
Working one at a time, dredge each tofu slice in the flour mixture; shake to remove excess flour.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the tofu and fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with brown rice and garnished with green onions, if desired.
- fonika likes this
- signedz likes this
- heartsnatcher likes this
- 4rekid likes this
- anythingcouldhappennnn likes this
- malbokuu likes this
- renaultdunoir reblogged this from damndelicious
- bluegrasszombie likes this
- cn-stars likes this
- speciallyforkiyoshitaro likes this
- eflsm likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- nalaniokalani likes this
- ebeycapturingthemoment reblogged this from damndelicious
- uchinaguchi likes this
- hushicho likes this
- earllovescompany likes this
- catgirlxlrg reblogged this from damndelicious
- bryanwong likes this
- jradradrad likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- unmiraclededieu likes this
- boys2boys likes this
- blasianovr9000 reblogged this from damndelicious
- allisonsasso likes this
- ananodyne reblogged this from damndelicious
- ananodyne likes this
- privatepark likes this
- bard-core likes this
- o-t-s-u reblogged this from damndelicious
- damndelicious posted this