Apple Pie Muffins
Jason, whom I haven’t seen in over 6 weeks, is finally coming home today! I’m so antsy I can’t even sit still. It’ll be amazing if I ever get through this post. That being said, I’ll have to keep this nice and short.
Now this is probably the gazillionth muffin recipe on Damn Delicious but I can’t help muffinizing everything! Muffins are just so easy to make, so portable, and so freezable (unless they have a glaze) so that’s why I make like 5 batches of muffins every week. Crazy, I know, but we all have our little niches. Mine’s just in the muffin world.
So what I’ve learned from this recipe is that apple pie in the form of a muffin is… well, pretty damn awesome. It is just so easy to make, and in 30 minutes time, you’ll have piping hot muffins filled with chunks of fresh apples bursting with cinnamon flavor alongside a crumbly oat-y crust. These are absolutely perfect for breakfast-on-the-go or even as a midnight snack. You choose. I had it on both occasions and I was a very, very happy camper!
Apple Pie Muffins (adapted from Baking Addiction)
Yields 15 muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
For the crumb topping:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. (If you don’t want to use paper liners, you could coat a muffin pan with cooking spray instead.)
To make the crumb topping, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the butter, buttermilk, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Add the apples and gently toss to combine.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
Sprinkle with reserved topping, using your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter.
Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- livingripeasnonja reblogged this from zhomg
- zhomg reblogged this from damndelicious
- milasunshine08 likes this
- jenniii-boo likes this
- blanketsocks likes this
- natty11113 likes this
- goldhase93 reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- amillionsmallinfinities likes this
- katierawr-x likes this
- fa6mhxp likes this
- katepaul likes this
- rosiee09 likes this
- babydollpattyyyyyy likes this
- creamteasandjammydodgers likes this
- monserrat-alvarado reblogged this from damndelicious
- skywinterheavenspace likes this
- solefulndvl likes this
- kimay5 likes this
- shenanigansonthehighseas likes this
- btabs likes this
- wellexcuuusemeprincess likes this
- danielamgomez reblogged this from damndelicious
- kaleigh-marie likes this
- heashipsterproject reblogged this from damndelicious
- hea-jo likes this
- adimlylitmirror likes this
- juliannebbvip likes this
- greygooseandjollyranchers reblogged this from damndelicious
- flatabsandthighgaps likes this
- miintymee likes this
- eerie-innocence42 reblogged this from damndelicious
- citally-m reblogged this from damndelicious
- flieswitheagle likes this
- heartsnatcher likes this
- dubstepjunkiejools likes this
- thesedarkcorners likes this
- the-rizz likes this
- foodforthefuture reblogged this from damndelicious
- melancholynightowl reblogged this from damndelicious
- toypack reblogged this from damndelicious
- munchiesmuch likes this
- spookywalkers likes this
- idkwhatmyurlcouldbe420 likes this
- losingthatweight reblogged this from fitnss
- melancholynightowl likes this
- yourdinh reblogged this from damndelicious
- cassie-osborn likes this
- hgkjdgd likes this