Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Jason has been home for less than a week and I’m already eating a tamale pie filled with three different kinds of pork - chorizo, bacon, and ground pork, topped with lots and lots of ooey gooey cheddar cheese. This was all eaten at 9:30PM, and I usually don’t eat after 6PM.
I seriously don’t know what it is - I just can’t stop eating when I’m around him! But in the end, nothing beats having him home, even if I have to run twice as much to shed off all the crappy things I’ve eaten. We actually haven’t been able to spend that much time together since I spend my life at my new job but it’s definitely been more homey with him around. He makes the bed, cleans the house, runs errands, and even does the laundry. He keeps the clothes half-folded though since he doesn’t know where everything goes but it’s the thoughts and efforts that count, right?
Being the lucky girl that I am coming home to a clean house with half-folded laundry scattered on the bed, I decided to make these cookies for Jason. Now I’m not much of a cookie fan as my true love lies within muffins but since Jason is obsessed with anything and everything involving Nutella, I absolutely could not wait to make these for him. The cookies were thin and crisp with that wonderful crumbly texture, filled with melted chocolate chips, which was all situated in a Nutella cookie base. These quickly became one of my favorite cookies ever, and I’m not even a cookie-lover!
One year ago: Meatball Pamigiana Sliders
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen):
Yields 30 cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, Nutella and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Beat in egg until well combined.
Beat in vanilla until well combined.
Gradually add flour mixture to the sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet.
Place into oven and bake until outside is crackly but the center is still moist, about 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- notgayasinhappy reblogged this from damndelicious
- macapan reblogged this from boushiya-koroshiya
- boushiya-koroshiya reblogged this from damndelicious
- cocoakiss likes this
- freedom--awaits likes this
- myjourneytofindhope reblogged this from damndelicious
- dontfuckwithrosieposie likes this
- goodbye-box reblogged this from damndelicious
- swagealo reblogged this from damndelicious
- marbarz reblogged this from damndelicious
- rosalafae likes this
- fuzzypurplepanda reblogged this from damndelicious
- yummybites likes this
- worldlover likes this
- youheartjosephine reblogged this from damndelicious
- eflsm likes this
- karkle-sparkles reblogged this from damndelicious
- lil-gutz reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- howdiditgetlatesosoon reblogged this from damndelicious
- johnmariscos likes this
- etherealdreaming44 likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- burymeinsand likes this
- ladeeedahhh likes this
- allisonsasso likes this
- theheartofthedisease likes this
- cookbookmeals likes this
- qaimaqam likes this
- echoflare reblogged this from k3llyb3an
- echoflare likes this
- ivorystains likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- homemadegoodies reblogged this from damndelicious
- speciallyforkiyoshitaro likes this
- tomyselfbetrue likes this
- hellolyza likes this
- puppypixxx likes this
- flamingokitty22 likes this
- izzychao likes this
- destructively-perfect likes this
- bard-core likes this
- gellabellabean likes this
- la--beaut--classique likes this
- naarano reblogged this from k3llyb3an
- thissexybeast likes this
- loserswin2 likes this
- petertranthewonderman reblogged this from princessa-consuela
- petertranthewonderman likes this
- happinessislikeabutterfly reblogged this from damndelicious