Chocolate Brownie Cookies with White Chocolate Chips and Roasted Macadamia Nuts
This week has been absolute hell. Work is exhausting, people are crazy, the traffic has taken a toll for the worst, and the week is going by extremely slowly. I just can’t believe it’s only Thursday. I actually thought last night was Thursday and I had my tv all set to go for the season finale of Grey’s Anatomy and then when Modern Family came on, I finally came to the realization that it’s still Wednesday night. I had quite a fit, which didn’t accomplish anything, and instead drained all the energy that I had.
But to hold me over from this nightmarish week, I have these fantastic brownie cookies for you guys. It’s literally a brownie in cookie form filled with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, which is by far the best combo for a cookie. The crunchy, nutty macadamias are a delightful contrast to the creamy, vanilla notes in white chocolate, and once you add a chocolatey, fluffy brownie base to this marriage, you’ll have one of the best cookies ever. Just be sure to have a glass of milk ready because these babies are rich.
So do you like what you see? Then head on over to Wilde in the Kitchen - she’s hosting an online bake sale for Relay For Life, an awesome overnight relay-style event celebrating the lives of people who have battled cancer, remembering the loved ones lost, and fighting back against the disease. These brownie cookies are definitely part of the online bake sale so hurry on over and start bidding. Just be cautious of not bidding on everything because I might just do that!
Chocolate Brownie Cookies with White Chocolate Chips and Roasted Macadamia Nuts (adapted from Eats Well With Others, original recipe from Joy the Baker Cookbook)
Yields 24 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
Microwave the butter and chocolate in a large bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
Add the sugar, espresso powder and vanilla, whisking until well combined.
Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until well combined.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Gently fold in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet.
Place into oven and bake until outside is crackly but the center is still moist, about 11 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- joanay3 likes this
- karlnad likes this
- fluffsandstuffs reblogged this from damndelicious
- a-jeng reblogged this from damndelicious
- emmaaaaaaaaa likes this
- soloduck likes this
- stupidand-contagious reblogged this from damndelicious
- macintyretalk reblogged this from damndelicious
- bero-and-vero likes this
- thoughtsandthinking likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- fuckyeazombiess reblogged this from damndelicious
- cookbookmeals likes this
- eflsm likes this
- cleescravings reblogged this from damndelicious
- b00mshakalakah likes this
- bitchhtryyoga likes this
- cumberbatchedtimelord likes this
- thislove14x likes this
- marbarz reblogged this from damndelicious
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- gellabellabean likes this
- slman992000 likes this
- petitefilledansungrandmonde likes this
- paresatbp likes this
- oh-yes-food reblogged this from damndelicious
- asteroideae likes this
- dansedolce likes this
- bloomtime likes this
- deeluvee reblogged this from damndelicious
- pkyumi likes this
- sleipnirohara likes this
- bard-core likes this
- bbbbigbadwolf likes this
- ldyleifang likes this
- damndelicious posted this