Spinach Prosciutto Alfredo Pizza
Remember when I used my pizza stone for the very first time with the Jalapeño Popper Pizza? Well I didn’t want it to be another 6 months before I used it again so I decided to make another pizza over the weekend. Making pizzas are so easy and customizable, plus they serve as the perfect leftovers for work, so I’m actually aiming to make one pizza a week.
For this week’s pizza, I went with a spinach alfredo pizza, which involves a homemade alfredo sauce in place of the marinara. Then the pizza gets topped off with some spinach and lots and lots of mozzarella. But at the last minute, I decided to spruce it up and add prosciutto, one of the best deli-cut meats ever. It’s a bit on the pricey end so Jason and I can’t indulge in this awesomeness as often as we’d like.
Anyway, it turned out that adding prosciutto was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. All the ingredients and flavors melded so well together, especially the saltiness from the prosciutto which was wonderfully complemented by the creamy alfredo sauce.
Jason and I managed to finish half the pie and packed the rest for work leftovers for today. I hope my lunch break comes soon because I absolutely cannot wait to dive into this baby. It will be the highlight of my day!
Here’s how to make this:
Let’s start by making the alfredo sauce by melting some butter.
Then stir in the heavy cream until it gets nice and bubbly.
Remove from heat and add in the Parmesan. I like using a Pecorino Romano and Parmesan blend.
Go ahead and give it a stir until it gets nice and creamy.
Make sure you have some of that awesome prosciutto on hand. Give it a good chop, but go easy on the sampling.
When your dough is rolled out to a 12-inch diameter, let’s spread the alfredo sauce first (I used it all up - no need to waste any ingredients guys) before topping it off with the mozzarella, spinach and prosciutto.
Pop it into the oven for about 15 minutes.
Voila, dinner is done! Now how easy was that?
One year ago: Stuffed Shells with Arrabbiata Sauce
Spinach Prosciutto Alfredo Pizza (adapted from The Way to His Heart):
Yields 4 servings
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ball pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 4 slices prosciutto, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring. Remove from heat and allow to rest until ready to use. Stir in the Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working on a surface that has been sprinkled with semolina or cornmeal, roll out the pizza dough into a 12-inch-diameter round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread the prepared alfredo sauce evenly over the top, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Top with mozzarella, spinach and prosciutto.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted on top.
- Cut the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.
- xbombinabirdcage likes this
- ostomybagged likes this
- living247 likes this
- thislove14x likes this
- thissexybeast likes this
- veegeenaturalhealth likes this
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- gellabellabean likes this
- bard-core likes this
- hungryjacs likes this
- flamingokitty22 reblogged this from damndelicious
- flamingokitty22 likes this
- damndelicious posted this