Muffin Monday: Orange Sour Cream Muffins with Zesty Orange Glaze
Believe me when I tell you that these are no ordinary muffins. That’s what I thought when I was watching them bake in the oven but boy was I wrong.
These babies are incredibly fluffy and moist from the sour cream, and they are packed with such bold orange flavor thanks to the copious amounts of orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice. The zesty orange glaze just punches even more fresh orange flavor, giving you that nice sweetness in every bite. Even Jason, Mr. Non-Muffin Lover, loved these, and that says a whole lot!
So here’s how you make these awesome muffins:
Let’s start with the dry ingredients.
Then the wet - butter, sour cream, egg, orange juice and orange zest.
Pour the wet into the dry and give it a good stir, being careful not to overwork the batter.
Then we’ll pop them into the oven for about 16-18 minutes, letting them cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
You can definitely serve them as is…
or you can make the zesty orange glaze…
and dip the muffin crowns into this awesome pool of orangey-sugary-goodness.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
One year ago: Orange Blueberry Muffins
Yields 11 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
For the Zesty Orange Glaze (adapted from Annie’s Eats):
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the butter, sour cream, egg, orange juice and orange zest.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
Place into oven and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
To make the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar, orange juice and orange zest. Whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thin, add more confectioners’ sugar as needed.
When the muffins are done, cool for 10 minutes and dip the muffin crown into the glaze.
Allow glaze to set before serving.
- lmrh5 reblogged this from damndelicious
- what-is-my-age-again-pls likes this
- tworkjo likes this
- goldentkts likes this
- melancholynightowl reblogged this from gastrogirl
- krathrine likes this
- mooninmypalm likes this
- journeytobestronger likes this
- the221bbaker reblogged this from gastrogirl
- ontheedgeofsafe likes this
- curieuxcharme reblogged this from damndelicious
- chin-up-dear reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- nicetomeetyouiamautumn likes this
- zomgitsyou reblogged this from ellavrena
- daniiiii-oxox likes this
- vv0rd reblogged this from gastrogirl
- futurasatana likes this
- shetalkstobees likes this
- seejackwrite likes this
- aceitedecoco likes this
- laughterasmedicine likes this
- middendorp likes this
- betterthanihopedfor likes this
- katfoods reblogged this from gastrogirl
- imdwell likes this
- plastikbentos reblogged this from gastrogirl
- kromehartz likes this
- elliescottage reblogged this from gastrogirl
- quelle-etourdie likes this
- beeesides likes this
- hellopeanut likes this
- nowletmefall likes this
- jessicastampley likes this
- areej-86 likes this
- punkrockpinup likes this
- eat-yourself-thin likes this
- katchiefallingstar reblogged this from gastrogirl
- theressomethingabout-mary likes this
- mindgibberish likes this
- gallvilla likes this
- dirtycharmed likes this
- windycityeating reblogged this from gastrogirl
- bexinator-3 likes this
- emeraldcityorbust reblogged this from gastrogirl
- thefiefdom likes this
- aunee reblogged this from gastrogirl
- sparkheather likes this
- turnthemusikoff likes this
- tyft reblogged this from gastrogirl
- lastinglove19 reblogged this from gastrogirl