Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
During the weekend, I took a tiny break from cooking and blogging, which was very much needed.
See, I first started food blogging to keep a record of all my recipes and to share my love for food but over time, it began to feel like work. It started to feel like a second job, and I’ve constantly been stressed planning a menu, chasing the sun for natural lighting, thinking of new ways to use food props and checking google analytics to see if my viewership went up or down. It felt like too much for me to handle, and this blog was all about having fun and doing something that I love.
So over the weekend, I took a step back and relaxed with Jason. It’s been a while since we went out on a decent date since we have no time during the work week and weekends are dedicated to cooking and food blogging. We went to go watch The Dark Knight Rises, which was amazing by the way, napped for several hours in the middle of the day, and watched more Christopher Nolan movies like Inception. It was a wonderful break, and I’m happy to let this blog go back to what it started as, having fun.
That being said, let’s talk about these awesome pancakes. I made this several Sundays ago and it was one of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a while. The pancakes turned out to be incredibly light and fluffy, and the strawberry sauce just sent me to heaven. If only I had the time to make this during the week, waking up at 5:00AM would never be a problem!
So here’s how you make this:
We’ll start with the strawberry sauce by combining the strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan.
We’ll bring it to a boil and then let it simmer until it gets all thick and syrupy, about 6-10 minutes.
Then we’ll make the pancake batter, starting with the dry ingredients.
Next comes the wet ingredients - buttermilk, butter, sour cream and eggs.
We’ll then pour the wet to dry, using a rubber spatula to combine. Be sure not to overwork the batter.
Now we’ll scoop about 1/3 cup batter onto a hot, greased griddle. Let the pancakes bubble a bit before you flip them over.
Be sure to keep the cooked pancakes in a low 200 degree F oven while you make the rest. Cold pancakes are not fun to eat.
Then stack them up and serve with maple syrup…
or you could alternatively use the strawberry sauce we made earlier. I tried it both ways and the strawberry sauce is much better!
One year ago: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Yields 12 pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
For the strawberry syrup:
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and a nonstick griddle to 350 degrees F.
To make the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 6-10 minutes. Keep warm; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, sour cream and eggs.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Lightly coat a griddle or nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Scoop 1/3 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer; keep warm in oven.
Serve immediately with strawberry sauce.
- noxturnal likes this
- seannalyn likes this
- tiny-sized likes this
- sparks-fly-whenever-y0u-smile reblogged this from damndelicious
- cupcake247 reblogged this from damndelicious
- chaoda reblogged this from aoiyuuzora
- aoiyuuzora reblogged this from diet-killers
- cattboop likes this
- kindnessinside reblogged this from damndelicious
- tworkjo reblogged this from damndelicious
- rosariofidely likes this
- evanescentanathema reblogged this from diet-killers
- musicalcombusken likes this
- mille-mioux likes this
- hatchuu likes this
- chin-up-dear reblogged this from damndelicious
- dayescape likes this
- thecoldseahorse likes this
- omalley-and-thealleycats likes this
- matgyeol likes this
- fewdaysofwonderful likes this
- kat-bat likes this
- itstooearlyforthisshit likes this
- flavoredcandles reblogged this from diet-killers
- scienceandcupcakes reblogged this from diet-killers
- always-a-work-in-progress likes this
- dooberlane reblogged this from diet-killers
- dotheveg likes this
- homeskillet07 likes this
- somejuliet reblogged this from diet-killers
- denirios reblogged this from diet-killers
- goddamnitriot reblogged this from diet-killers
- thisblogisheretoruinyourdiet reblogged this from diet-killers
- deadnun reblogged this from diet-killers
- optimusprince likes this
- pushinglackadaisies reblogged this from diet-killers
- ukfr likes this
- diet-killers reblogged this from damndelicious
- youpitralala likes this
- hellolyza likes this
- viraav likes this
- standtall- likes this
- inomfood likes this
- cheekylittleminx20 reblogged this from damndelicious
- cheekylittleminx20 likes this
- kattrinawho likes this
- wintarmanoth likes this
- hungryjacs likes this
- marirno likes this