Honey Teriyaki Hot Wings
Thank you so much for all the get well wishes! You guys are the best. Seriously. You guys are so great that I’m even thinking about doing two giveaways in the coming weeks so stay tuned!
Now I’m definitely feeling a bit better but I’m still not fully recovered. I did take a day off of work yesterday and “relaxed” at home - “relaxed” meaning tidying up the house and cooking a bit here and there. Jason couldn’t seem to understand why I just couldn’t “chill.” My response: “Well, the toilet was gross! I couldn’t leave it like that!”
As you can tell, I’m a bit OCD.
Anyway, we should start talking about these wings or I’ll be writing a full on essay about my OCD. Now I made these because as I’ve said before, Jason is a wing fanatic so I’m always trying different wing recipes here and there. This one was particularly finger-licking sweet and spicy, but definitely not spicy enough for Jason. I think I’ll add more Sriracha the next time I make this. After all, you can never have too much Sriracha, right?
So here’s how you make this - it’s incredibly simple!
We’ll first start with the sauce mixture by combing the soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha and cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
Now we should arrange the wings in a single layer in a large baking dish. A 9x13 casserole dish worked perfectly for me.
Next we’ll pour that lovely sauce mixture all over these babies.
Then we’ll pop them into the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Be sure to turn them at halftime.
And lastly, we’ll broil these guys for about 2-3 minutes for a bit of charredness (is this even a word)?
And that’s it! Super easy, right?
If it’s not spicy enough, feel free to serve with more Sriracha.
One year ago: Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
Honey Teriyaki Hot Wings (adapted from The Yummy Life):
Yields 3-4 servings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/3 cups soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Mirin rice cooking wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha*
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha and cornstarch mixture.
Arrange the wings in a single layer onto prepared baking dish. Pour the sauce evenly over the wings.
Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the wings are slightly charred.
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
*Note: Sriracha can be omitted for mild, sweet wings.
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- dammyrag likes this
- maria-refuge likes this
- bich-nga likes this
- six8ths likes this
- ohfudgies reblogged this from damndelicious
- shannasims likes this
- caroljustine likes this
- day-dreamingg likes this
- cupcake247 reblogged this from damndelicious
- foons likes this
- heartsnatcher likes this
- chin-up-dear reblogged this from damndelicious
- megalocera likes this
- the-mademoiselle-mango likes this
- thepinky054 likes this
- micaleidoscopiodelmundo reblogged this from addaspoonfullofsugar
- ahundredandthousandgods likes this
- roaringdistraction likes this
- atributetoorange likes this
- buttersandwinter likes this
- mosaiquealienz likes this
- fichidegebe reblogged this from addaspoonfullofsugar
- fichidegebe likes this
- addaspoonfullofsugar reblogged this from damndelicious
- bgloha likes this
- yummybites likes this
- youstice reblogged this from damndelicious
- littlekyle likes this
- fancymae reblogged this from damndelicious
- miss-nomnom likes this
- hungryjacs likes this
- homeskillet07 likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- angelsloveairwaves likes this
- speciallyforkiyoshitaro likes this
- wtfcoriander likes this
- stuck-together-pieces likes this
- golexgo likes this
- shakethelust likes this
- samzhangg reblogged this from damndelicious
- silentvanguard likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- nasuskrap likes this
- cantcontrolmythoughts reblogged this from damndelicious
- cantcontrolmythoughts likes this
- valoscope reblogged this from damndelicious