#MuffinMonday: Blueberry Muffins with Blueberry Jam
I know you’ve heard this so many times before but I’m going to have to say it too.
I’ve found THE BEST blueberry muffin recipe.
Yes, it’s fluffy. Yes, it’s moist. Yes, it just melts-in-your-mouth and explodes with juicy, plump blueberries. But there’s more.
They’re topped with a quick and easy homemade blueberry jam before they go in the oven.
The blueberry jam adds a wonderful double dose of blueberry goodness, and that lemon sugar topping just tips these babies over to absolute perfection.
This may be the only blueberry muffin recipe I’ll ever need!
So here’s how you make this:
Let’s first start with the blueberry jam by combining 1 cup blueberries and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small pot.
Bring it to a boil first and then let it simmer until it gets nice and thick, which should talk about 5 minutes or so.
Now let’s make the lemon sugar topping by combing 1/4 cup sugar with the zest of 1 lemon. It’s best to rub the zest into the sugar using your fingers. Then take a big whiff of it - it’s incredibly fragrant!
Next we’ll combine the dry ingredients for the muffin batter.
Then the wet ingredients - buttermilk, butter, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. I love that this recipe uses a bit of vegetable oil instead of using twice as much butter.
Now we’ll combine the wet to dry, using a rubber spatula so we don’t overwork the batter.
Then toss in some more blueberries, about another cup or so.
We’ll divide the batter up into 12 muffins, topping them with that blueberry jam we made earlier and then sprinkling some of the lemon sugar goodness.
Pop these babies into a 400 degree F oven for about 15 minutes, and then you’ll have the most amazing blueberry muffins yet.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
One year ago: Orange Chicken
Blueberry Muffins with Blueberry Jam (adapted from The Little Kitchen):
Yields 12 muffins
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the lemon sugar topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat with nonstick spray; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup blueberries and 1 tablespoon sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes.
To make the lemon sugar topping, combine the sugar and lemon zest, rubbing the zest into the sugar with your fingertips; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Add the remaining 1 cup blueberries and gently toss to combine.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Top each muffin with 1 teaspoon blueberry jam, swirling into the batter using figure eight motions. Sprinkle with lemon sugar mixture.
Place into oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- stonemaven likes this
- lotussonofmark likes this
- 4miafang likes this
- rohnson likes this
- crodemoyer likes this
- bubbleccum likes this
- ammirasurianaismail likes this
- volantly likes this
- radioactivegumdrops likes this
- lackofcolorr reblogged this from damndelicious
- myheartbeatsforlove7 likes this
- titsfaithfully reblogged this from brave-clarice
- thingswhatareawesome reblogged this from brave-clarice
- livingflame likes this
- brave-clarice reblogged this from gastrogirl
- cupcake247 reblogged this from damndelicious
- analuciasanchezg likes this
- teabooksandcoffee likes this
- thomasblu reblogged this from damndelicious
- melancholynightowl reblogged this from damndelicious
- lanidiana reblogged this from damndelicious
- lanidiana likes this
- bluuuuuuuurbs likes this
- burrito-virgin likes this
- tatertottanya likes this
- destiny-n-chicken reblogged this from damndelicious
- crownthecrow likes this
- poketrainersara likes this
- tanyabluemoonice reblogged this from damndelicious
- tanyabluemoonice likes this
- ianmaui likes this
- canadianpolarbear07 likes this
- norecipeinnewwest likes this
- 5fingerrrdiscount likes this
- gastronomyandlifesotherpleasures likes this
- adreamisaquestionyoucantanswer likes this
- madame-maydae reblogged this from damndelicious
- dancelikeyouaretheone likes this
- dinnerwasdelicious likes this
- femme-fatale29 likes this
- yttterbium reblogged this from damndelicious
- thelovely-lilypad reblogged this from damndelicious
- bakingdiamondcupcakes likes this
- minibagu likes this
- drazentomic16 reblogged this from damndelicious
- bstylezz likes this
- tinylittlefingers reblogged this from damndelicious
- sbirstein likes this
- kohairi likes this