Strawberry Mint Cookies and Cream Popsicles and a Giveaway! (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
Can you believe that summer is coming to an end? How is that even possible when it’s 97 degrees out?!
I’m scared to put the stove or the oven on because I’d hate to add more unnecessary circulating heat to the house. I mean the AC is constantly on but every time I head into the kitchen and make something really quick, like a fried egg, I’m sweating balls!
So what better way to cool off in this disgusting heat than with these super easy homemade popsicles? It takes just 5 minutes to make, and they make for an incredibly refreshing dessert option, or breakfast for some.
It’s a wonderful twist off the traditional cookies and cream popsicles as I substituted the mint creme Oreo cookies, and then I added some fresh strawberries to give it that refreshing kick.
Diving into these babies is a sure way to beat the summer heat.
If you don’t have a popsicle maker, have no fear! I’m giving away a set of 6 popsicle molds! (See below.)
I know I’ve said this a million times before but I just have to say it again - I am so grateful to be part of such a wonderful foodie community. You guys are so awesome, from your “get well” wishes when I had strep throat to the encouragement and understanding when I’m just so incredibly stressed with food blogging. You guys rock!
That being said, I just had to do a giveaway and after much brainstorming, I figured a set of 6 popsicle molds would be best, especially in this dying heat!
Here’s how to enter:
Simply leave a comment answering this question: How are you beating the summer heat these days?
For four optional additional entries (leave a separate comment for each):
Giveaway ends on Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 8:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
One year ago: Farfalle Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
Strawberry Mint Cookies and Cream Popsicles (adapted from Just Baked):
Yields 6 popsicles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup diced strawberries
- 8 cool mint creme Oreo cookies, crumbled
In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream, yogurt, milk, sugar and vanilla.
Stir in the diced strawberries and crumbled Oreos.
Scoop the mixture evenly into the popsicle molds.
Place into freezer and freeze until hard, at least 4 hours.
Remove from freezer and run the mold under warm water to loosen popsicle, about 20 seconds.
Disclaimer: I was not paid and/or reimbursed to host this giveaway. This is provided by me, myself and I.
- myoverweightdiary likes this
- farefortheextraordinaire reblogged this from damndelicious
- cupcake247 reblogged this from damndelicious
- my-life-in-chlorine-and-music likes this
- dooshlord likes this
- stupidand-contagious reblogged this from damndelicious
- cuppi-kake likes this
- pickledshoe reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- 7imitless likes this
- hapaproblems likes this
- dolcevitafotos likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- thecasualdiner likes this
- wiamelia reblogged this from damndelicious
- josellyne likes this
- mygentlerampage reblogged this from damndelicious
- trash420 reblogged this from damndelicious
- bryanwong likes this
- just-wannabe-with-you reblogged this from damndelicious
- evehallow likes this
- rabuberii likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- starsintheshadows likes this
- stuck-together-pieces likes this
- theonlygi likes this
- trishbro likes this
- damndelicious posted this