Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Today was a very long and emotional day so I’ll have to keep this post a bit short today. Jason packed up his stuff and moved out to San Francisco since classes begin on Tuesday, and I’ve been such a train wreck.
The only highlight of my day was when I went to the gym and a spin class was starting up right when I got there. Spinning = release of endorphins = happiness. Plus, I went to a different gym today and they had brand spanking new bikes with a readout so you can gauge your RPM. It’s freaking amazing.
Now about these cookies…
I’m not much of a cookie gal so I don’t get to make them that often but while Jason was at home with me, I decided to make a batch of traditional chocolate chip cookies. But at the last minute, I decided to make them a bit more fun by adding in some fresh orange zest, mainly because I always have a Costco-sized box of oranges at the house.
The cookies were wonderfully soft and chewy, blooming with so much refreshing yet subtle orange flavors. I didn’t have any orange zest as the original recipe had requested so I just threw in some more orange zest and it worked out perfectly.
Be sure to serve these cookies with a tall glass of milk because you won’t be able to stop at just one cookie!
One year ago: Sweet and Smoky Oven Spareribs
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Cooking Classy):
Yields 4 dozen
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
In a medium bowl, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in vanilla, orange extract and orange zest until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to the sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet.
Place into oven and bake until outside is crackly but the center is still moist, about 9-11 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- passionate-baker likes this
- mrcasually likes this
- amymarks likes this
- wonderstuckforever reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- kimmychompsonlife reblogged this from damndelicious
- freedom--awaits likes this
- my-life-in-chlorine-and-music likes this
- foodaliciousfoodette likes this
- roryarthurwillaims likes this
- labelasi reblogged this from damndelicious
- eigentlichnix reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- collegeculinary likes this
- marbarz reblogged this from damndelicious
- x-fallen-star likes this
- labelasi likes this
- bgloha likes this
- thecoldseahorse likes this
- dayescape likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- maestroram likes this
- homeskillet07 likes this
- kimmychompsonlife likes this
- eigentlichnix likes this
- niedergeschlagen likes this
- lindeelicious likes this
- sexcxbitch likes this
- starsintheshadows likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- heapsofhenri likes this
- leprincelutin likes this
- stunz likes this
- si-digame likes this
- damndelicious posted this