Let’s talk about phobias today. Mine is bugs. I hate them. I can’t stand them. And I seriously think they can kill me. It’s ridiculous but I can’t help it.
I’m particularly not fond of spiders, especially the ones on my white wall in my bedroom. One time there was a spider on the wall that my dresser was on and I tried to kill it but I chickened out and I somehow swiped it so it fell behind the dresser. I
was hysterically crying freaked out a bit and called Jason (we were only dating for a month at the time) and told him that this spider was going to “Kill Bill” me in my sleep. That’s when he took me to In-N-Out and bought me a burger to make me feel better.
The burger helped a bit but you should know that I slept with one eye open.
That being said, I just saw a bug on the ceiling of my bedroom, sprayed 409, and he fell behind the computer and now I can’t find it. I guess we all know that I won’t be sleeping a wink tonight.
Now on to something more pleasant: burgers. No wait, burgers with jalapeño pico de gallo. And some homemade refried beans. And sliced avocado. And you can’t forget the melted jalapeño monterey jack cheese. That’s a lot of “ands” but you get my point. These burgers are packed with amazingness. And you’ll want to finish every last bite, with a cold beer of course.
One year ago: Broccoli and Bow Ties
Texican Burger (adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride):
Yields 4 servings
- 4 ground beef patties
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 split burger buns, toasted, for serving
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 California avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced, for serving
For the jalapeño pico de gallo:
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice and salt, to taste; set aside.
Season each patty with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add patties to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through to medium rare, about 3-4 minutes per side, flipping only once. In the last minute of cooking, top each patty with 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, covering to melt.
Serve burgers on rolls on a bed of refried beans and topped with jalapeño pico de gallo and avocado.
- myoverweightdiary likes this
- lapoesietriste likes this
- ice-green-tea-latte-please reblogged this from ismellfear
- ice-green-tea-latte-please likes this
- ismellfear reblogged this from addaspoonfullofsugar
- guadalooop likes this
- meowkatmeow reblogged this from addaspoonfullofsugar
- meowkatmeow likes this
- masterofapathy likes this
- alaskaisthunderstorms likes this
- b-a-k-e-f-o-o-d reblogged this from addaspoonfullofsugar
- wakingupblindfolded reblogged this from addaspoonfullofsugar
- addaspoonfullofsugar reblogged this from damndelicious
- keakuahoomai likes this
- cumberbatchedtimelord reblogged this from damndelicious
- bgloha likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- valoscope reblogged this from damndelicious
- valoscope likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- lindeelicious likes this
- randomtactics likes this
- cumberbatchedtimelord likes this
- justmejam reblogged this from damndelicious
- jendoodle likes this
- basenjiluvr likes this
- dementedoddment likes this
- 100cupsofcoffee reblogged this from damndelicious
- bryanwong likes this
- damndelicious posted this