Recipe from the archives: Pumpkin Donut Holes
I was reading over Lindsay’s post the other day when I realized that among all the crap that happens, you sometimes need to take a step back to appreciate the little things in life.
Like getting the corner elliptical machine at the gym so you don’t have smelly people side by side.
Or hearing gangnam style on the radio during your drive to work and dancing like a crazy person while all the other cars stare in horror.
Or when I get fun stuff in the mail.
Or hearing Perez Hilton on the radio with major celebrity gossip. (Apparently Justin Timberlake hates Lance Bass as he was specifically not invited to his wedding. Shocker, I know.)
Or finally getting Facebook and learning how to use it. (I’m really shocked as to how much FB has changed the last 4 years!)
Or having these donuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I didn’t even realize that I actually made these last year right around the same time. I decided to post them again though because the photos from last year do not do any justice to these donuts. They’re wonderfully moist and fluffy with just enough sweetness to balance out with the cinnamon sugar outer layer. This here is amazingness just waiting to happen in your kitchen. But be careful, the bite-sizedness make these donuts VERY dangerous.
One year ago: Pumpkin Muffins with Oatmeal Streusel Topping
Pumpkin Donut Holes (adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod):
Yields 24 mini muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a mini muffin pan or coat with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, baking powder and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, canola oil, egg and vanilla.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
To make the cinnamon sugar, combine cinnamon and sugar.
When the muffins are done, cool for 2 minutes and dip each muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Let cool on a wire rack.
- emmaleevue likes this
- make-out-take-out reblogged this from damndelicious
- theclockworkphoenix reblogged this from icarusing
- walkoffthearth likes this
- scienceisadesiretoknow reblogged this from ottery
- officinarums likes this
- piebutt likes this
- ottery reblogged this from damndelicious
- onefitmama likes this
- lucysfitlife reblogged this from damndelicious
- chokkicx likes this
- ashintheskywithdiamonds reblogged this from damndelicious
- thecoldseahorse likes this
- ohmymoffat likes this
- sserravalle likes this
- serpentintherose likes this
- nightwanker likes this
- bluekulele reblogged this from icarusing
- xxdisneyxx reblogged this from damndelicious
- j-coolie likes this
- exasperated-sighing reblogged this from damndelicious
- dreame40 likes this
- kaledanvers likes this
- rumregrets likes this
- marbarz likes this
- randomtactics likes this
- flipside-of-your-pillow likes this
- nataashaaa likes this
- heyitseva likes this
- whoisthere likes this
- baffledbits likes this
- hoskie likes this
- withenoughbutter reblogged this from damndelicious
- purplepurism likes this
- stanleybeard likes this
- essentialmakeover likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- cupcakeluvr76 likes this
- pamjane likes this
- bri-ki reblogged this from thestrawberrycupcakeimpling
- nhiikohh likes this
- lindeelicious likes this
- stumpstiel-wentzchester likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- jensenwaffles likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- artofsymmetry likes this
- vaamoose reblogged this from icarusing
- acavenger likes this