Philly Cheesesteak Pizza with Balsamic Fig Reduction and a Giveaway! (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
I know I say this almost every week but is it really Monday? I’m still recovering from turkey day and now I have to sit at work for 8 hours with my pants fitting way too tight. Ugh. There’s no way that I’d make it through a 5-day work week so I cannot be more relieved that I am going to Mixed this weekend.
In other news, I hope I can make your Monday a bit better with this awesome Bellindora giveaway.
See, Bellindora was one of the sponsors at the Foodbuzz Festival so we were all able to try their infused vinegars, and as much as I loved every single one of them, their balsamic fig was the biggest eye opener.
I couldn’t help but ask to take a bottle home with me so I could drizzle it on anything and everything, particularly vanilla ice cream. That’s when it hit me - why not make a philly cheesesteak pizza with a syrupy balsamic fig reduction? Genius, right? But sadly enough, I’m not exactly the first person to add a balsamic reduction to a savory pizza dish but I may just be the first to add a fig balsamic!
It was amazing as to how the subtle refreshing fruitiness of the fig was such a wonderful complement to the meaty-cheesy-caramelized-onion-goodness, and kept leaving you wanting more and more.
And the best part about it? Bellindora is giving one lucky Damn Delicious reader a vinegar gift pack, which will include all 6 infused vinegars: fig, apple, peach, pomegranate, cherry and champagne pear, each 8.45 fl oz ($54 value).
Just be sure to enter through the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
Giveaway ends on Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Bellindora. All opinions expressed are my own.
One year ago: Cranberry Sauce
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza with Balsamic Fig Reduction
Yields 3-4 servings
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 ball Fail-Proof Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup semolina or yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup thinly sliced steak
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Bellindora balsamic fig vinegar
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and caramelized, about 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and bell pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4-5 minutes; set aside.
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Working on a surface that has been sprinkled with semolina or cornmeal, roll out the pizza dough into a 10-inch-diameter round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza pan. Top with mozzarella, steak, mushrooms, caramelized onions, bell pepper and goat cheese, leaving a 1-inch border.
Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted on top.
To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil until thick and reduced, about 4-5 minutes.
Cut pizza into wedges and serve immediately, drizzled with balsamic reduction.
- stanleybeard likes this
- thecraving reblogged this from damndelicious
- mywonderfulnonsense likes this
- mackensiemadeafoodblog reblogged this from gastrogirl
- heiidelicious reblogged this from gastrogirl
- mommydds-2b likes this
- pixilately reblogged this from gastrogirl
- pixilately likes this
- agirlofmay likes this
- erikaloveseeyoreyay reblogged this from gastrogirl
- theillustrated-edition likes this
- 12425124 likes this
- quickquirk likes this
- millyismelting likes this
- smoke2327 likes this
- cafe2361 reblogged this from gastrogirl
- toulouse-berlioz likes this
- rhl-en-trois-mots likes this
- genie888 likes this
- dirtycharmed likes this
- erinishappi reblogged this from gastrogirl
- sothisho likes this
- minionofthestar likes this
- thatonewannabechef likes this
- thatonewannabechef reblogged this from gastrogirl
- bonita-applebaum likes this
- wakegiff likes this
- the-lord-is-my-coelacanth likes this
- astarryknight likes this
- woaheasilyamused likes this
- truthisinthestars likes this
- siobhanpwns reblogged this from gastrogirl
- recipenis reblogged this from gastrogirl
- pandasforjesus likes this
- r0manticdinners reblogged this from gastrogirl
- waltzingmatildablog likes this
- vickiecupcakes likes this
- lauri-haro likes this
- jodida-y-radiante likes this
- lollidellasweetie reblogged this from gastrogirl
- striderhibiki likes this
- nyuszoka likes this
- touchthestove likes this
- scribblingsquid likes this
- charlesphoenix likes this
- geraldweeb likes this
- averyterrible reblogged this from natellite and added:
- princess-of-pieces reblogged this from gastrogirl
- lilsandthesuperwhowarsathogwarts likes this