Garlic Truffle Fries
A couple weeks back, Gourmet Spotting was kind enough to send me a box of their awesome goodies to try out. They’re a company that selects and provides 4-6 artisanal gourmet food products from around the world and sends them right to your door each month for just $29.99/month and you can sign up with no commitment. Plus, with every box that gets shipped, they donate a meal to charity. Amazing, right?
So when I opened their box of goodies, the first thing I noticed was this right here: white truffle olive oil.
I’m a huge sucker for anything involving “truffle” so my mind went crazy just thinking about the possibilities of what to make. But after a couple of days of brainstorming, I finally came to a decision. I decided to make garlic french fries drizzled with this olive oil and roasted to absolute crisp perfection.
I decided to bake them so that they’re a bit healthier but let’s be real here - I did it because I just can’t stand a hot pot of oil sitting around on the stove.
So how was it? Uh, yeah, it was like fries on crack. It had the perfect balance of truffle-y goodness along with a bit of saltiness, starchiness and greasiness. Jason and I devoured this like there was no tomorrow and totally made it a dinner meal for us.
What more could you ask for?
Oh and the best part about all this? The kind folks at Gourmet Spotting are offering Damn Delicious readers an additional batch of organic whole dried oregano from Sicily to go along with your box. Just be sure to use the code DELICIOUS.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Gourmet Spotting. All opinions expressed are my own.
One year ago: Classic Chicken Rice Soup
Garlic Truffle Fries
Yields 3-4 servings
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into 1/3-inch thick fries
- 2 tablespoons white truffle flavored extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Ranch, for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Place the potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with truffle olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine.
Place into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp, tossing occasionally.
In a large bowl, combine fries and garlic.
Serve immediately with ranch, garnished with parsley, if desired.
- daleksatgreendale likes this
- morriguan likes this
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- seannalyn likes this
- ragingscorpio reblogged this from damndelicious
- alimentaire reblogged this from damndelicious
- ehak likes this
- marbarz reblogged this from damndelicious
- mydesigner-dreams likes this
- thatkillerbitch reblogged this from rockcreeksocial
- samvsfood reblogged this from damndelicious
- ohmyfuckingpotatoes reblogged this from damndelicious
- therealhauswife reblogged this from damndelicious
- klibs likes this
- audreydeborah likes this
- bard-core likes this
- vivalasteviemarie likes this
- myheartonfire likes this
- acomicbookgirl likes this
- allisonsasso likes this
- kyophile likes this
- alittlebitofeverything1 likes this
- nrrrdlady likes this
- danadeespalding likes this
- glitterfood reblogged this from damndelicious
- littlekyle likes this
- jelllsb likes this
- shravalava likes this
- sylphidkitty reblogged this from damndelicious
- sylphidkitty likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- ay-mei likes this
- jonbrodie likes this
- griffinfeld likes this
- bdtzmaru likes this
- foodporn125 reblogged this from damndelicious
- roushay likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- figuringoutthislife likes this
- b00mshakalakah reblogged this from damndelicious
- bbbbigbadwolf likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- lindeelicious likes this
- kellysleepless likes this
- classyandcrassy likes this
- scaremoonturkey likes this
- kazuhiro-ikeda likes this
- striderhibiki likes this
- curatedclosets likes this