Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies and a Giveaway!
Ever since I could remember, I always wanted to bake cookies at home. I wanted to do it so badly that it actually became a dream of mine that never really came true until I moved out of the house and got my own apartment in college.
I grew up in a very traditional Korean household and in this household, we NEVER used the oven. It was actually used for another important purpose: storage. My mother kept her pots and pans in the oven, and whenever I asked her if we could bake some cookies, she’d reply, “We can’t! The oven doesn’t even work!”
At that point, I was so young so I’m sure I believed her. But now that I’m thinking about it, I can’t help but wonder if she even flipped the on switch on that oven.
But now that I have my own place and a working oven, I try my best to bake a batch of cookies here and there, and I never bake cookies without my SILPAT® Non-Stick Baking Mat. Before SILPAT® came into my life, I was constantly using up sheets and sheets of parchment paper. But I always felt like I was wasting so much paper, and I just couldn’t stand it when the paper would warp and brown with each batch of cookies that went in the oven.
That’s where SILPAT® comes in. This non-stick baking mat is a god-send since NOTHING will stick to this, and it provides even heat transfer too. You can use it however many times as you please with absolutely no warping. Oh and the best part? The kind folks over at SILPAT® are giving one lucky Damn Delicious reader their very own half size baking mat!
Just be sure to enter through the rafflecopeter below. And then when you’re done, head to the kitchen so you can make these Andes Mint chocolate chunk cookies. They’re incredibly soft, buttery, a teeny bit cakey and chockfull of minty-chocolatey-goodness. You just need to serve these with a cold glass of milk and you’re all set!
Giveaway ends on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies (adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction):
Yields 24 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup chopped Andes Mints
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with SILPAT® Non-Stick Baking Mat; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
Gently fold in Andes Mints.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until edges are golden brown but center is still moist, about 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Silpat. All opinions expressed are my own.
- davidkorinek94 likes this
- bereeenice likes this
- sweetdope28 likes this
- seannalyn likes this
- asagoof likes this
- seriousnoms reblogged this from damndelicious
- ste-f-chen likes this
- spiritguide likes this
- marbarz reblogged this from damndelicious
- humanhumanhybrid likes this
- randomfood161718 reblogged this from damndelicious
- shorty-2point0 likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 reblogged this from damndelicious
- ohfudgies reblogged this from damndelicious
- babefromtoyland likes this
- keebiekneebiez reblogged this from sugarspiceandeverythingtasty
- jawsofashark likes this
- sugarspiceandeverythingtasty reblogged this from damndelicious
- noodlesonmyears likes this
- my-life-in-chlorine-and-music likes this
- christina622 reblogged this from damndelicious
- adrianahearts likes this
- kittenisjunebuggin likes this
- inquiryonlife reblogged this from damndelicious
- ahhmanda likes this
- julybelle likes this
- thecoldseahorse likes this
- scaremoonturkey likes this
- princessa-consuela likes this
- rendezvouswithm3 likes this
- justthecrumbs likes this
- bearbaskets likes this
- emilaylay likes this
- saraarastar likes this
- cubacuberwyn419 likes this
- aaylaview likes this
- chemical-wanderlust likes this
- jerilando likes this
- isaidrawr likes this
- ilovedessert likes this
- damndelicious posted this