Bolognese Sauce with Cloves and Cinnamon
Growing up, I was one of those Korean kids who couldn’t go to the mall with friends or go to sleepovers of any kind. Instead, I had go to swim practice 6 times a week and practice violin right afterwards. Then I’d have to finish my homework and study so I can get an A+ on every assignment, quiz, and test.
That was my life. It was tough, but my mom wanted the best for me and she worked hard for it.
My mom raised me to do a million things a day, and going into adulthood, I always felt like I can actually do a million things a day.
- I can have a full-time job.
- I can have a full-time blog job.
- I can go to the gym 6 times a week.
- I can clean the house, vacuum the carpet, scrub the toilet and dust off the counters.
- I can have a social life.
- I can do it all.
But you know what? I can’t. I really can’t.
It took me quite some time to finally accept that but I’m glad I did.
Just the other night, the clock was hitting 10PM and I still had to send out at least 4 recipes to the companies that I work for, create a post for the blog in which I haven’t even edited the photos yet and sleep at a reasonable hour for a full work day the next morning.
That’s when I realized I just had to cut down my hours at my day job. I spoke to my bosses the next day and they were very understanding about how overwhelmed I am and said they would try to let me have a day off a week, depending on the workload.
That’s how I got the day off from work yesterday. I woke up at 6AM, worked on recipe development, gorged on some amazing pancakes, treated myself to Thai food, took a 2 hour nap and skipped the gym.
It was a much needed day off. And I couldn’t be more thrilled to have some time off from my day job.
Whew. Okay, sorry for that essay there. I think I was just rambling at some point.
Enough about me though. Let’s talk pasta!
I made some bolognese sauce for you guys but I’m guest posting over at Bakeaholic Mama so come on over and get the recipe. You’ll definitely want to add this to your weeknight menu!
- vincentnovelozo reblogged this from poodforn
- sweetdope28 likes this
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- katfoods reblogged this from damndelicious
- life-with-lucie likes this
- violentcraving likes this
- stuffingqueen likes this
- 4everandahappynever likes this
- 4everandahappynever reblogged this from feedafatty
- teeheealice likes this
- faaatlyff reblogged this from feedafatty
- camelopardalis likes this
- itsfoodporn reblogged this from feedafatty
- feedafatty reblogged this from poodforn
- qminii likes this
- paisleydarts likes this
- thevelosarahptor likes this
- palaciodesuenos likes this
- purmanent likes this
- concloms likes this
- s-deezyy likes this
- frosty-lemon-ice reblogged this from poodforn
- lumpyfluff likes this
- ilikedeer likes this
- abra-ka-daniel likes this
- nerdbot likes this
- hanitjemars reblogged this from poodforn
- hanitjemars likes this
- tangled-up-in-lights likes this
- theresakeh likes this
- matovilka likes this
- prestonsam reblogged this from poodforn
- hufflepuffpuffpasss likes this
- hellolyssie likes this
- mindgibberish likes this
- knivesanddaggar likes this
- unspeakableshenanigans likes this
- ladygreydiamond likes this
- maria-refuge likes this
- hoonie likes this
- happycrumb likes this
- queen-of-pudding reblogged this from damndelicious
- missetiquette likes this
- joannewuu likes this
- zivanka likes this
- schekinah likes this
- onepanda likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- mojococoloco likes this