Red, White and Blue Cookies
For July 4th, I was inspired to make red, white, and blue cookies, incorporating strawberries, white chocolate chips, and blueberries. They turned out to be so incredibly fruity with a nice crunch from the white chocolate chips. I especially enjoyed the subtle hint of cinnamon, which created a nice balance of sweetness along with the brown sugar. Although these cookies may seem like delightful dessert items, the fruitiness and muffin-like texture of them makes it perfect for breakfast-on-the go.
Red, White and Blue Cookies (adapted from How Sweet It Is):
Yields 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon on low speed. Mix until dough comes together.
Add milk. (If dough is still crumbly, add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together.)
Add the strawberries, blueberries and white chocolate chips and gently toss to combine.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet.
Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- foodaliciousfoodette likes this
- letsjustfacereality likes this
- coffeelikewater likes this
- oceansofislands likes this
- southeastfacingwall reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- johnmariscos likes this
- cflad reblogged this from damndelicious
- yummybites said: love these!!
- yummybites likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- justkeepschwimming likes this
- jonbrodie likes this
- ilikelovefood likes this
- timeforbreakfastyay likes this
- damndelicious posted this