Buckwheat Noodle Salad
Since I loved the Soba Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce, I thought I would try another soba noodle recipe. I specifically chose this recipe because it was packed with so many healthy ingredients, like bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, and green onions. It also included cilantro, which is very beneficial to the digestive system. But what I really liked about this dish was the salad dressing. It was so wonderfully refreshing, with a spicy kick to it from the Sriracha along with that subtle tanginess from the vinegar. It was just what we needed in this 100 degree weather in Southern California.
Buckwheat Noodle Salad (adapted from Bobby Flay):
Yields 2 servings
- 6 ounces buckwheat noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/8 English cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain; set aside.
While the noodles are cooking, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a small skillet. Add the peppers and saute until just tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, ginger, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Sriracha in a large bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the canola oil until the dressing is emulsified.
Add the noodles, carrot, pepper, cucumber, green onions and cilantro.
Gently mix to combine.
- impleo likes this
- unmiraclededieu likes this
- sayahhh likes this
- simplefeasts reblogged this from damndelicious
- dgnerd07 reblogged this from damndelicious
- collegeculinary likes this
- cookbookmeals likes this
- yummybites likes this
- simplefeasts likes this
- afickleheartandabitterness likes this
- damndelicious posted this