Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
Baking muffins are always a delight. You can make so many variations of it and they can be eaten at any time during the day. I also tried freezing them and ate them at another time and they tasted just as fresh! (Just be sure to defrost them in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds).
These banana espresso chocolate chip muffins were very moist and spongy, filled with melted chocolate chips in each bite. The espresso taste was a bit more faint than I would have liked it to be so I’ll probably add an extra teaspoon of instant coffee powder the next time I make this. But even without the strong espresso taste, I absolutely loved these muffins. They’re the best in the mornings when you’re short on time and you just need to pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds for a nice, warm breakfast muffin.
Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins (adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)
Yields 12 muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. (If you don’t want to use paper liners, you could coat a muffin pan with cooking spray instead.)
In a large bowl, combine the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
In a medium bowl, mash the bananas.
Add the sugars, butter, milk and egg; beat until well combined.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Add the chocolate chips and gently toss to combine.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- gellabellabean reblogged this from damndelicious
- gellabellabean likes this
- yumgetinmytum reblogged this from damndelicious
- johnmariscos likes this
- privatepark likes this
- ctfootballsupporters likes this
- yummybites likes this
- thedishontrish likes this
- lakesidebride likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- heartlessjim likes this
- paresatbp likes this
- sarahkufleitner likes this
- nclevenger likes this
- lovelypeople-lovelyplaces likes this
- afickleheartandabitterness likes this
- damndelicious posted this