I packed my bags along with every single piece of cookware that I own and made the long 5 hour trek to San Francisco to visit the boyfriend. It was a bit hard adjusting to the new kitchen but since there is a working stove and oven, I can’t complain too much.
It’s been about 2 weeks since the boyfriend moved up north so I thought I would make him some homemade Korean food. Now Korean curry has been one of my favorite dishes since I was a kid. My mom would make it at least 2-3 times a month and it always tasted great. She kept it simple with just 4 ingredients: beef, potatoes, carrots, and onions. You can add plenty of other vegetables like peas, corn, and mushrooms and even substitute chicken or lamb for the beef but I’ve always liked this 4 ingredient combination. It has the perfect amount of protein, carbs, and vegetables in this dish with creamy Korean curry sauce, which is not as bold in flavor as Indian curry. I kept the recipe exactly the same as my mother’s and it tasted just like home.
Yields 4 servings
- Olive oil
- 1 lb beef or chicken, cut into cubes (I used boneless short beef but most Korean supermarkets sell beef for curry that are already precut into perfect bite-sized chunks.)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 small onions, cut into chunks
- 1/2 package (8.4 ounces) curry sauce mix
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef, potatoes, carrots and onions and saute until onions are lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
Add 3 1/3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 15 minutes.
Break curry sauce mix into pieces and add to the Dutch oven, stirring until completely melted.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
- beachielove likes this
- samgyeopsal likes this
- innyhoo likes this
- impleo likes this
- thejennybean likes this
- twilightseven reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- twilightseven likes this
- danielleaddison reblogged this from damndelicious
- lovelove-gsong likes this
- msmichellec likes this
- janelime likes this
- thatotherperspective reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- catgirlxlrg reblogged this from sweet-decay
- romantiq-st likes this
- twinklelolipop likes this
- coleyyybear reblogged this from sweet-decay
- prettyygreenbud likes this
- sweet-decay reblogged this from damndelicious
- emmaleevue likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- yummybites likes this
- paresatbp likes this
- damndelicious posted this