It was my first time making jambalaya and I’m happy to say that it was a success. Now this is more of a quick version of a jambalaya, even though it took about an hour or so to make, and it tasted absolutely amazing. It was filled with smoky sausage, jumbo shrimp, and plenty of vegetables in a paprika-rice base. Sounds tasty, right? It was a delight to make and even more fun gobbling it up!
Shrimp Jambalaya (adapted from Martha Stewart):
Yields 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 5 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 4-6 minutes.
Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
Stir in paprika and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes, rice and 3 cups water to skillet.
Cover and simmer over medium heat until the rice is cooked and has absorbed all water, about 20 minutes.
Add the shrimp, and cook, covered, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot, garnished with scallions.
- unmiraclededieu likes this
- estrellademanana reblogged this from damndelicious
- cakespeare reblogged this from damndelicious
- ruptureandrapture likes this
- honeychiles-kitchen reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- checkthescene likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- paresatbp likes this
- carpeeyo likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- cheesu reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- livelovebananas reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- esendoran likes this
- bspiindler likes this
- alittlemoreconversation likes this
- damndelicious posted this