I thought this was more of a pork dish but it turned out to be an amazing spin on spaghetti hungarian-style! It was so creamy with tender pork chunks throughout and I just loved the egg noodles that were drenched in this rich sauce. The boyfriend loved this especially because it was so spicy. I think it was a little too spicy for me because I began to hyperventilate after the 8th bite or so but he devoured this with no hesitation. We had some leftovers and I was excited to have a second serving the next day but the boyfriend ate it all before I came home!
Pork Paprikash (adapted from Martha Stewart):
Yields 4 servings
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, excess fat and silver skin removed, halved lengthwise, then cut
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika or cayenne pepper, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Stir in butter; cover and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, combine the pork with 1 tablespoon paprika in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook pork, tossing occassionally, until lightly browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon oil and onion. Cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
Add pork, remaining tablespoon paprika, tomatoes with their juice and 1/2 cup water.
Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, about 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve paprikash over noodles, garnished with parsley, if desired.
- hellrkitty likes this
- byangelina reblogged this from damndelicious
- elements-of-life likes this
- thatsworthatry reblogged this from damndelicious
- blainethebowtie reblogged this from damndelicious
- catcatheartattack reblogged this from damndelicious
- vrdevlin likes this
- peitak likes this
- kimmyjmusiclove reblogged this from damndelicious
- flylikeallama likes this
- loogsy reblogged this from damndelicious
- viviehx likes this
- christinax3 likes this
- an123 likes this
- ahdehdentu likes this
- littleelizardbeth likes this
- clet-0 likes this
- misuyoo likes this
- yanetse likes this
- kozo47 reblogged this from damndelicious
- memai69 likes this
- biai likes this
- morningsuicide reblogged this from damndelicious
- shelleymigliore likes this
- oojahriffic likes this
- r-berry-tart likes this
- socaffeinatedmusic likes this
- wysadie likes this
- alyssajune5 likes this
- suchanexquisitelie likes this
- yelssorc reblogged this from damndelicious
- yelssorc likes this
- ingrydaeiou reblogged this from damndelicious
- workinggclasss likes this
- mundanereveries likes this
- hussielaughingalonewithourmoney likes this
- frn12 likes this
- This was featured in #Food
- damndelicious posted this