Fruity Pebble Cupcakes
Funfetti cupcakes topped with a vanilla buttercream frosting and sprinkled with colorful Fruity Pebbles – perfect for kids and grown ups!
I bring you these colorful and vibrant, cheerful cupcakes because it’s Sunday. Because I’m finally done unpacking in the new house. Because I can finally walk around the house without tripping over the slew of boxes around the living room. Because the cable guy finally came and fixed the TV. Because Breaking Bad will be on tonight, with just 3 episodes left! Because life is good and sprinkles and Fruity Pebbles just puts a big smile on my face.
I didn’t make these cupcakes for any occasion. I was just sitting at home one day and had a huge hankering for cupcakes. And since Fruity Pebbles is my absolute FAVORITE childhood cereal, I just had to sprinkle some on. I’ll be honest though – I only bought the cereal as a topping, not for cereal-eating purposes. But the next time I reached into the box, 75% of it was gone. Apparently, Jason still loves his Fruity Pebbles at 27! But I much prefer them in cupcake form, especially for breakfast!
Fruity Pebble Cupcakes
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup rainbow jimmies
For the vanilla buttercream frosting
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Fruity Pebbles, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. campaignIcon Coupons
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites and vanilla.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients and milk mixture alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated. Add rainbow jimmies and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add heavy cream and vanilla, beating just until incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Use a small offset spatula or a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip to frost cupcakes, garnished with Fruity Pebbles, if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious!
Has anyone formulated a baker’s percentage for this recipe?
What are rainbow jimmies and where can I get them?
They’re sprinkles! Most grocery stores should carry them. If all else fails, amazon.com will work! 🙂
Love how fun these cupcakes are! Who can resist rainbow sprinkles and fruity pebbles together?! Perfect. 🙂
Pingback: 12 Fun Birthday Cupcake Ideas
Pingback: Day 202 – Fruity Pebble Cupcakes | my year of cupcakes
Are these cupcakes moist? I made the pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting those were soooo moist! I loved them? I am dying to get all my cupcakes just as delicious!
Yes, these cupcakes are super moist, but I should warn you that they have a very different texture from the pumpkin cupcakes. The pumpkin cupcakes are moist and light but these cupcakes are a lot more dense.
Im not sure about the moist part. I made my own cool whip icing and injected the cupcakes with it and put them in the refrigerator covered hoping that will moisten them up. I love this idea but I’ll probably tweak the next go around plus they were only in the oven 16 minutes. I followed the recipe to a T. Oh well trial and error for me I guess:(
I saw these on Pinterest and just had to see them! My husband would love THESE!
MmmMmmMmm! they look Fabulous!! I’m going to make those tonight…I love baking cupcakes..it’s therapeutic for me..and I love coming across a good recipe that my family would love. I came across your recipe on Pinterest. Thanks
I’ve featured these super fun and cute cupcakes on my blog, hoping that you don’t mind, but if you do, please contact me and I’ll remove it. All the best.
Pingback: Fruity Pebble Cupcakes
Pingback: Fruity Pebble Cupcakes Recipe | Funfetti Cupcakes | thefashioncafe.co
Pingback: Fruity Pebble Cupcakes Recipe | Funfetti Cupcakes
Pingback: Vanilla Glazed Apple Cinnamon Muffins - Damn Delicious
What a fantastic idea to put Fruity Pebbles in cupcakes! I was obsessed with Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles as a kid. Remember those awesome commercials with Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble? I can just imagine how delicious these taste and they look amazing.
I can’t believe you’re actually gone! That was super, super quick.
And these look super delicious, and like the happiest cupcakes in the world.
It was a hell of a move (sleepless nights and driving a huge moving truck is not the most fun thing to do!) but we’re FINALLY settled in! Come visit me when you can, friend! 🙂
How fun are these cupcakes, I love that sprinkle of fruity pebbles!
Now that you are unpacked, it’s time to explore! These cupcakes look so fun and cute! My daughter will love this for her birthday (next spring… I still have time to practice? :D).
Oh how FUN are these cupcakes?!!
These are so cute! I love how colorful they are. 🙂
Oh heavens, lady, these are amazing!!! How did you know fruity pebbles are my fave?!
Irresistible! I think this is a great way to celebrate unpacking and getting settled!
Breaking Bad. YES! Best episode ever.
Glad you are done unpacking! These cupcakes are so fun. Pinning!
Goodness – too much happening in tonight’s BB’s episode!
Hands down the cutest cupcakes in the world. 🙂 So colorful, bright, and cheery!
Pretty cupcakes! They look so airy, almost surreal. Fruity pebbles definitely add some color here! 🙂
I love how bright and cheery these are. What a fun treat!
Fruity Pebbles are a guilty pleasure!
Yay! So happy you got all unpacked and feel settled. That has got to be an awesome feeling! These cupcakes would be a great way to celebrate! So fun, bright and colorful! I love them
WOOO!! High five for get it done! I can not wait to see what you come up with in your new kitchen. I am jealous now, Australia has such boring cereals>_<.
No fruity colours, no marshmallows, no nothing…
Awww, I wish I could send you a couple of boxes of some Fruity Pebbles!
Congrats on getting unpacked – SUCH A great feeling! And Fruity Pebbles are such a fun idea! I love how bright and cheery they are!
I’ve never been so happy to be unpacked! Are you almost done unpacking?