Loaded with a simple and hearty crumbled beef filling, these cheesy enchiladas will be on your dinner table in no time!
Since I have yet another salad recipe for you tomorrow, I just had to squeeze in this enchilada recipe. I’m all for eating healthy with the new year and all but sometimes you just have to include some comfort food too! After all, we can always run it off later, right?
Now I don’t know about you guys but enchiladas are my absolute favorite kind of Mexican dish. Loaded with melted cheesy goodness and a crumbled beef filling wrapped in flour tortillas, what’s not to love?
These come together so quickly and easily, making it perfect for a busy weeknight meal. Plus, the leftovers are just as amazing the next day!
- 2 ½ cups enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 4.5-ounce can diced green chiles
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup canned corn kernels, drained
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ¼ cups Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour 1 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground beef, green chiles, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, corn, beans, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- To assemble the enchiladas, lay tortilla on a flat surface and spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture in the center. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and beef mixture. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, avocado and tomato, if desired.