Easy Lo Mein
The easiest lo mein you will ever make in 15 minutes from start to finish. It is so much quicker, tastier and healthier than take-out!
Back when I had a day job, I had this boss who was obsessed with the lo mein from the restaurant across the street. She’d have me order it at least 3 times a week, and I would get so excited because she would always pass along a plate for me to share.
But since blogging became a full-time gig, I find myself longing for that lo mein almost daily.
Those long noodles chockfull of all those fresh veggies… How it was always so perfect with a side of potstickers. And general tso’s chicken. And monoglian beef… Sorry. I digress.
But surely enough, there’s a homemade lo mein version that can be made in just 15 minutes from start to finish with ingredients you already have on hand.
Best of all, you can clean out the fridge with all kinds of lingering veggies and you can also add in your favorite proteins!
Plus, this definitely hits the spot when you’re craving Chinese take-out, except this version is a million times quicker and tastier. You can’t beat that!
Easy Lo Mein
- 8 ounces lo mein egg noodles*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cup snow peas
- 3 cups baby spinach
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.