Avocado Grilled Cheese
So buttery and just downright AH-MAZING, oozing with avocado cheesy goodness. It’s the best grilled cheese ever, hands down!
I’m really picky when it comes to picking breads. Super picky, actually.
I’m one of those people in the grocery shops that stands in the bread aisle for 20 minutes, perusing through every single brand. It’s an important decision, you guys.
And you know it’s an even more important decision when you’re making grilled cheese. That’s half the battle!
Actually, the bread is really about 67.7% of the battle. You can have the best filling ever but if your bread is mediocre, it’s game over. As eureka!® Bread reminds us, don’t be bland!
Now I used eureka!® Seeds the Day® Organic Bread, and it was the best decision I’ve made all week. No joke.
The bread itself has just a hint of that beautiful rich sweetness without any high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. It’s certified vegan and made with sustainable packaging.
Win, win and win.
The filling on the other hand – well, it’ll just pretty much blow your mind when you sift through the ingredient list – spinach, avocado, goat cheese, garlic and um, mozzarella cheese.
Told you. Mind. Blown.
Avocado Grilled Cheese
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices eureka! ® Seeds the Day ® Organic Bread
- Combine spinach, goat cheese, avocados and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified. Stir in mozzarella.
- With a butter knife, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Divide avocado mixture evenly on all slices. Top with remaining slices, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add sandwiches and cover; cook, turning once with a spatula, until golden brown and the cheese has just melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by eureka!®. As always, I only partner with brands that I love and truly believe in, allowing me to create more quick and easy recipes to get us through the week without breaking the bank. All opinions expressed are my own.