Mini Chicken Quesadillas
Crowd-pleasing snack-size quesadillas with refried beans, leftover rotisserie chicken + melted cheese! SO SO GOOD!
Is there a better way to repurpose leftover rotisserie chicken than this? Mini snack-size quesadillas with a salsa-chicken-filling cooked until melted, golden brown cheesy goodness?
The answer is no. Just no.
They’re perfect to feed big crowds as a snack (hello, Game Day essentials here) or even a light lunch for the family.
I like to serve mine with a dollop of guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream but you can use any or all of them. They’re also fantastic on their own. Sometimes the toppings just get in your way anyway.
Mini Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 ½ cups leftover finely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ⅓ cup restaurant-style salsa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup refried beans, homemade or store-bought
- 16 street tacos flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- CHICKEN MIXTURE: In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese, salsa and cilantro; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working one at a time, spread refried beans on half of the tortilla; top with CHICKEN MIXTURE, folding over to seal. Repeat with remaining tortillas to make 16 quesadillas.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Working in batches, add quesadillas to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side; keep warm in oven up to 30 minutes. Repeat with remaining canola oil and quesadillas.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious!
OMG OMG OMG. These are so so delicious. Easy quick and pretty cheap to make. Got to try these.
These are SO delicious! Huge hit with parents and kids!
Can these be baked?
Can you put up your recipe for the Pico De Gallo & Guacamole you used for this recipe?
These were DAMN DELICIOUS!!!
So easy and so delicious! Wonderful.
Terrific idea for quick dinner, lunch, or snack.
These were absolutely delicious and so easy!
Can you freeze these?
These look delicious! I’m going to make a larger 10″ quesadilla instead but with the same ingredients.
Do you have a recipe for Pico de gallo?