Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs
These savory sweet chicken kabobs are unbelievably easy to make and they’re so perfect for game day!
I’m trying to grasp that Christmas is in 4 days and I still haven’t finished Christmas shopping yet. I’m about 90% done but I still need to make a trip to the mall since this is the one thing left that I can’t actually purchase on Amazon. I guess this is what I get for procrastinating! But let’s talk about something more pleasant. Something completely un-Christmas related, like these chicken teriyaki kabobs.
Being a huge lover of anything teriyaki-related, I knew these would be a big hit in our house. With a simple marinade with pantry ingredients, these kabobs come together so easily. And once marinated, you can just pop these on the grill for about 5 minutes and that’s it! Seriously, how easy is that?
These would be so perfect for game day or as a quick and easy meal for those busy weeknights. You can serve as is or alongside some rice. Either way, everyone will be sure to gobble these up instantly!
These savory sweet chicken kabobs are unbelievably easy to make and they're so perfect for game day!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine teriyaki marinade and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Add skewers to the grill and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.