PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A copycat recipe that you can easily make right at home in just 20 minutes. And it tastes a million times better too!
I am such a sucker for lettuce wraps. They are so low in carbs so I become a bottomless pit, stuffing my face without any kind of guilt. And when it’s an exact PF Chang’s replica that can be made in 20 minutes or less – well, that just means I’m having this 5 times a week.
I kid you not. This is the easiest, quickest meal you could ever make. And if you’re quick in the kitchen, you could even get this on the dinner table in less than 15 minutes. Plus, it’s budget-friendly and you can easily double or triple the recipe as needed. What more could you ask for?
PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A copycat recipe that you can easily make in just 20 minutes. And it tastes a million times better too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Adapted from Eat. Drink. Love.