Skinny Queso Dip
An amazingly cheesy and creamy dip that you can enjoy guilt-free. It’s so good, you’ll want to eat this with a spoon!
Queso dip. Oh-so-cheesy, creamy queso dip. It’s my ultimate weakness. And in an ideal world, I’d have queso dip every. single. day. But since I’m in the middle of training for a half marathon, I had to cut back on a lot of artery-clogging foods. So in an attempt to get my queso fix, I decided to make a skinny version, and boy, was I in for a treat.
You would be amazed as to how you can lighten this up by swapping out just a few ingredients, like substituting heavy cream for Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk. Now if you’ve never had coconut milk, it is wonderfully creamy and rich, and a much healthier substitute than heavy cream. It also contains important nutrients like vitamin C and iron. And the best part about this substitute is that it doesn’t even taste “skinny”!
So there you have it – an amazingly creamy, cheesy queso dip lightened up with coconut milk without compromising taste. It’s so good – you’ll want to dig in with a spoon! Who needs chips anyway?
An amazingly cheesy and creamy dip that you can enjoy guilt-free. It's so good, you'll want to eat this with a spoon!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomato until softened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in coconut milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses, a handful at a time, until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in Greek yogurt until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomatoes, avocado and cilantro, if desired.
To reheat, place in microwave and stir in 30-second intervals. Add milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
Adapted from Five Heart Home
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Silk. All opinions expressed are my own.