I’ve been having such good luck finding simple, quick, healthy, and hearty weeknight dinners like the Sweet Corn Pasta, the Indonesian Ginger Chicken, and the Broccoli and Bow Ties among others. Now I can add this wonderful dish to the list. It takes just 20 minutes to make and it’s filled with such vibrant flavor infused with refreshing lemon and garlic. I will also never say no to a dish with copious amounts of mushrooms. I’m excited to try this dish again with different kinds of mushrooms, perhaps with a wild mushroom blend with shiitake, button, cremini, and portobello mushrooms. Mmmmm.
Mushroom Linguini (adapted from Baked Bree):
Yields 4 servings
- 16 ounces linguini*
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
*I tried to be extra healthy and used wheat spaghetti instead but that was an absolute disaster. Unless you have an extreme hankering for the rubbery texture of wheat noodles, I would stick with the usual linguini or spaghetti.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the mushrooms; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and begin to release their juices, about 8 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the onion-mushroom mixture, olive oil, garlic, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Immediately combine the hot pasta and mushroom mixture, allowing the flavors to soak.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan.
- secretplace likes this
- molestedfruitcups reblogged this from damndelicious
- fab-foodie reblogged this from damndelicious
- afarinear reblogged this from damndelicious
- munchinnomnom reblogged this from damndelicious
- elements-of-life likes this
- nicooyo likes this
- angeldemonluv reblogged this from damndelicious
- angeldemonluv likes this
- arianac likes this
- actuallytong likes this
- grapesgrow likes this
- yumgetinmytum reblogged this from damndelicious
- pocketsfullofdust likes this
- jacquelineohh likes this
- This was featured in #Food
- damndelicious posted this